Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Thursday 27 June 2019

Thursday -Tips and Techniques

I had so much fun yesterday.  My new extension lead arrived at lunchtime, so after putting my dinner in the oven, I draped the cable safely round the conservatory to put the socket on the right hand side of my desk.  That means I am not reaching across a hot iron.  This is a new craft for me, so it is all about learning and having fun.

I decided to really get brave yesterday (or stupid) and play with an A5 BLACK card.  Oh boy, that was a steep learning curve but so much fun.  I have already learned a very valuable lesson.  If it does not work out how I imagined, it does not matter one iota because I have had so much fun just playing.  It is not a waste of card.


This has not really photographed well but it is really moody and windswept.  It reminds me of the moors round Haworth (Bronte territory) on a stormy evening.  I think I will leave this as it is, certainly for now.  Having watched Barbara and Mike, I know I could change it totally if I wanted.

The second play piece is a remake of the one I didn't like from yesterday's blog.


To me, the proportion of sky and land really did not work.  So, I took the iron to it and then wiped the wax away with a tissue, before adding more restrained hills in the foreground.  Then, I still did not like the sky, so I swept more colour over it.  When I did it, I thought it was a stormy sky, but looking at it now, it looks like mountains rising up from the lake.


Now I have my kit set up on my desk in the conservatory, I get the feeling I will be doing a lot more playing, whenever I get a few minutes to spare.  I must remember to keep an eye out for intruders.  I had to evict a magpie from the doorstep, cheeky bird.  I think it was a youngster, but I don't particularly want his company.

Any of you who have the kit, don't let it moulder in the cupboard.  Get it out and just have fun.


1 comment:

Azka Kamil said...

awesome article
thank for sharing and have a beautiful day