This canvas was one I started at Sazz's (Sally-Ann Moore) class at Nottingham some time ago, but I was never really happy with what I achieved that day. My fault as I was playing with new paints and it did not come off. So it has been haunting me round the house ever since. I painted it black, ready to have another go, but still could not decide what to do.
Now, having had two lessons from Debbie Rock (she has a lot to answer for), I decided to dive in with the micas. The first step was to redo all the stencilled bits, using Sweet Poppy Pearlescent paste and add another stencil to the mix, then gessoed the lot with black. There are four Clarity stencils here, The butterfly tree, the large butterfly annd Jo's Bubbles, with the addition of the new flower swirl (which I love).
I spent an afternoon spraying and rubbing and spraying, then added some glittery bits but that had to wait till the next day till I got decent daylight. A lot of the flowers were created from the airdry clay and mould that Leonie was demoing on Wednesday. I did get a bit carried away, playing with that and ended up with a lot of flowers and leaves. It was fun and I have a stack to use on future pieces. One of those clay flowers is in this second photo with clay leaves added.
As most people know, this is not my normal style, which is why I decided to enter it in this month's Clarity Stamp Challenge. The Clarity stencils which formed the base were perfect for the texture paste.