Four more parchment pieces finally finished and mounted ready for use. The first three were started at various classes, and just needed time and finishing of embossing etc.
The first one was from a workshop run by Maria Moorhouse at the Crafters Companion store at Evesham. For some reason, this one was the hardest to find backing paper that I liked.
This was one design that I actually followed and I think it shocked Maria, as I do have a reputation for going off piste. It is a quiet sort of piece and I kept the colours very soft too. To me, this makes it the kind of card that would work for a sympathy card.
The next two started life at a workshop run by Josie Davidson and Chris Walker up at Whittingtom. Josie gives us several designs to choose from. Rather than work through one piece from start to finish, Lynne Bishop and I tend to go through the prep work and set all three up, then settle down to develop them.
Number 2 did contain rather a lot of dots and I think the hardest bit was trying to line them up diagonally across the whole design, Very fiddley but give a very effective texture. The centre section is a combination of dots and perforations, so the only picot work is round the outside border, which I did using the fine straight grid
Number 3 has just two borders, top and bottom, of gridwork with the centre panel coloured. For once, I used the bold grid, but because all the cuts are straight, they were not such a problem to snip.
Both these pieces were coloured with the Faber Castell Polychromos, first on the back and then on the front, with highlights added on the front.
I think that Number 2 is my favourite. The colours work better for me on that one.
The final piece for today uses one of Josie's royal border plates and one of Linda Williams Flowers and Lace. I love pansies and the colours of the flowers on this one are close to one of my favourite pansy flowers called Joker.
I did the border some time ago so I cannot remember which plate it came from. The colouring is done with the same pencils, but this time, I dorsed them on the back and the front and then added darker lines to each petal on the front to give them definition. Looking at this on here, it does not really show the colours to their best. It shows better if you click on it and look at the magnified image.
I enjoyed doing all of them and there is still the third one from Josie's class to be finished, but I am still thinking about the colours for that one.
If you have been finishing off some of your UFOs, why not share them on Facebook or on your blog.