Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 1 May 2019

WOYWW 517


This really should be entitled What A Mess!, and it certainly is.  I just do not seem to have got my brain or anything else sorted since coming back from the retreat followed by two bank holidays.  Now we have another bank holiday upon us.

Under the  central heap is a pile of ten different pieces of parchment work, just sitting between Groovi plates to top them curling overnight.  Some of them just need mounting, while others need a lot of colouring to finish them off.  Because several of them are variations on the pieces we did at the retreat, I have to keep them under wraps till they are officially launched on Hochanda on the Pergamano show on Thursday.

There are also a couple of pieces from a class with Maria Moorhouse, again just needing to be mounted and put into the finished pile.  

My precious head torch is sitting on top of everything.  I can no longer do close work without this brilliant piece of kit.  It is rechargeable, can be focussed, and the level of light can be changed from blindingly bright to a bit more subdued, but I can aim it exactly to where I need it. 

I have been having internet problems, so I will quit now while I can still post this piece.  I am sure you will have a lovely time if you follow this link  over to Julia's place at Stamping Ground. When you get there, you will find loads of other desks on show and impressive work to inspire you.  That is where you can also find an explanation of what this is all about.  You might also like to join in and show us your desk.

31 comments:

Helen said...

Your head torch sounds really useful, in all kinds of situations,not just for crafting! hope your internet issues are resolved soon; it is so frustrating! Helen #3

Twiglet said...

A messy desk is a busy desk! Well that's my way of thinking. Enjoy! xx Jo

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I look forward to seeing the parchment pieces. I always admire Pergamano work. Ali x #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Argh, Internet is only great when it works! sorry for your frustration! Love the head lamp, I bet it is brilliant for the clos type work that you do so much of. So this ‘finished’ pile. Is it bigger than your ‘in progress’ pile? Loving the sight of your desk this morning, makes me feel less alone!

Shoshi said...

That’s a fascinating pile of stuff, Maggie. I’d love a good rummage through that lot! And what a good idea the head torch is. Anything to make life easier! Sorry to hear you’ve been having Internet problems. It’s only when that happens do we realise just how much we depend on it these days.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The late Easter has piled up all the Bank Holidays so I feel as if time has been all squashed up too! I'm glad you've enjoyed your craft days out, your desk is a reminder of all the fun you've been having :-D
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Pat S Witney said...

Your desk looks a bit like mine Margaret.

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW #517 xx Jan (20)

Sue C said...

Morning Maggie, I think sometimes we all get to this stage when we have several things on the go although my craft room looks a bit like a bomb has exploded so I really do need to have a good sort out. Trouble is then I can't find anything !! Looking forward to Linda's shows tomorrow & all the samples & retreat stuff although a couple have slipped through the net.
The sun is shining so hope you have a great day !!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, I have so many part done projects, I really must get them finished, but I get easily distracted to try something new, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 Xxx

Glenda said...

Sometimes a messy desk makes a gorgeous project!
Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #9

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, you head torch is so like the one my dentist has taken to wearing recently! He finds it very helpful too so maybe I can assume his eyes are what they used to be too. Compared to mine, your desk can be considered almost pristine. I should have a tidy up. The retreat sounds fun and I'm sure you will make lovely projects with the pieces you've brought back. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #26

Rockin' Robin said...

Isn't that how everyone's desk looks :) Have a happy crafty day :)
Rockin' Robin :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hello lovely - so nice to pop in and see you again after such a long break on my part. I see no mess only a creative bundle of joy! Take care Zo xx 25

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your return visit, Maggie. So glad you like the slippers - still very much a work in progress. More photos will follow! I'm afraid I have to confess to having been outside in them already - it's just a few steps across from the back door to the outhouse where the freezer is, and if it's dry, I can't be bothered to change!! You are right, I've got a bit too much going on at the moment, and today I'm feeling exhausted and have a bad headache that nothing is shifting yet. Always a bad sign.

Shoshi #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad the internet has cooperated long enough for you to join in Maggie. Hope you are straight soon. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Caro said...

I love a messy desk! What a great idea for use of a head torch - I had never thought of that. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sue said...

Hi Maggie, Looks like you have plenty to keep you out of mischief:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #10

Neet said...

You have a good excuse for your brain not working properly with having been away - me? I didn't even know it was a Bank Holiday this weekend! Says it all.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Anne said...

Hello Margaret. Have to say that I have more or less stopped crafting at moment. I think I got overloaded and just need a break - also need to try and sort stuff out! House a tip. Got visitors this coming weekend. Anne x #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can well understand mess Lol! It's interesting what you said about all these holidays as I think they may be the reason Mr Mojo seems to have disappeared here. I seem to have way too many projects on the go at the moment half finished and can't get my head round any of them. Hope your internet behaves too. Happy woyww, Angela x14x

StampinCarol said...

Your head torch sounds interesting! I used to have a magnifying glass that hung around my neck for me to do counted cross stitch but I have no idea where it is hiding. As to your brain not working... considering what all you have going on, I can see why! Hope your internet behaves, mine burped today just as I was starting a Live video! Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #29

Stacy Sheldon said...

HI Maggie, ooh that sounds interesting. ( I have seen some glimpses of those types of things on Sarah's/Eva's desk sometimes) :) yep, I was nodding my head reading about being pencil collecting. ( I sometimes still want more colors lol) I just like them so much better than markers that people rave about but, I do like how speedy some marker coloring has so, when I use it, its the lighter colors as a base. ~Stacy #31

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Maggie, thanks for the night cap last night, I was so late hope Julia doesn't scold me hee hee!! Always intriguing to see a pile of things to finish, i'm usually hiding something that can not be shown just yet. I've started putting mine in boxes as what ever I was looking for was always at the bottom of the pile.
I have to agree about the holidays, I try and make a point of doing something constructive but usually family takes over & i'm left playing catch up as well as having to deal with all the washing up!
Happy WoywW Tracey #33

Lindart said...

Hi Maggie! So sorry for your internet problems - so annoying! Your pile looks intriguing, looking forward to the reveals! Thanks for your visit, have a great week! Lindart #30

buterfliecrafter said...

lots of projects going on on your desk, Vicky#23

Heather M said...

Hi Maggie, sorry for the late visit. Hope you enjoyed your retreat, I'll be checking back to see what you've got hidden! Thanks for stopping by earlier, I'm still finding my feet as to what I like/don't like in the crafting world. Eventually I will offload what I don't use. Have a lovely week Heather x #15

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Maggie,
...thanks for popping over, the internet here I’m grateful is great but my friend in QLd was having issues yest. Pray yours are sorted looks interesting I’ve watched it on Hochanda doing pergamano a while back might check it out again,
Thanks for sharing and happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Marit said...

It's quite an intriguing pile you have there on your desk... I'm curious now to see the 'hidden pieces'... and a head torch: I need one! Not for my atelier, but crocheting in the living room is difficult in the evening as we only have dimmed lights in the room. I never thought of a head torch, thanks for the tip! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, hope you have a nice Friday/weekend. Hug from Holland. Marit #19

Kelly said...

Good morning, Maggie. Great that you are making progress. I'm in agreement with the head torch though I'm not sure I could wear one. I don't even like long sleeves on my arms when I'm working and as to the cheaters, I wear them only when absolutely necessary. Reminds me.. I have to hunt up my good glasses this morning. Havent' needed them in the studio so not sure where they're buried. LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

Kyla said...

ooh new pieces for Hochanda, intriguing.
I must admit I too have a head torch but never thought to use it for crafting, great idea
kyla