Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Monday, Tuesday and WOYWW 520

Today is a special day in craft Deskland.  Ten whole years of showing our messy or tidy desks online, hosted by the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground, 520 consecutive Wednesdays.  That is quite an achievement to be proud of.


Here is my tray today.  Not a huge amount on there.  A couple of PTCs (Parchment Trading Cards) in progress, my parchment Ringlock scissors, my A5 baby light box (essential for working on dark parchment), my fine straight perforating grid, my glasses and my head torch.

Sorry I missed blogging on Monday and Tuesday.  Things just got in the way and I struggled to get my brain in gear.  As far as tidying is concerned, that is seriously on going with another black sack filled, and other stuff put into boxes to go elsewhere.  I intend to bring a box to the Crop of things that are virtually unused.  I would rather someone else gets the use.  I have a load of dies, and also a pile of Sweet Poppy stencils.  They are all as new.

All being well, I am hoping to have enough ATCs for everyone at the Crop for those who would like one.

Monday was supposed to be for Mindfulness.  At the moment, there are a lot of people who are really struggling with things going on in their lives, and it totally reinforces my belief that we must make every effort to use every second of our lives as fully as possible.  Spend as much time with loved ones as you possibly can.  Talk to each other, just be together.

If there is anyone who wants to join in with the WOYWW celebrations, just go round to Julia's, and you will see what to do, nothing complicated.  Just join in and be there for the next ten years.

P.S.  Just a note for reference.  So far, I have been able to view and comment on all but one person's post.  This is apparently on Instagram.  I communicate through Facebook and Blogger and do not have the time to add yet another form of social media to those.

22 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I couldn't agree with you more Margaret - the old adage of living each day as if it were you last really resonates with me. And being kind to everyone you can as we all have our back stories and issues. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Crop - not long now!
Happy 10th WOYWW!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Annie said...

My plan is to get round everyone today to wish them a very happy 10th anniversary and to thank you for your friendship and lovely comments over the years.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm still in awe of what you make on parchment. I would LOVE to see it up close and personal.

So thoughtful of you to bring items to the crop you will never use and allow others to have a chance to use them. That is really kind of you, dear. Happy 10th from # 4.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, great idea taking stuff to the crop. Maybe Annie & Jo would welcome one or two things for the Raffle Prizes? Looking forward to it very much, see you next week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Maggie, I'm a mission to comment on everybody's blog today. Wishing you a happy 10th anniversary! zsuzsa #26

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy 10th WOYWW birthday Maggie. I am really looking forward to the crop. See you then. Sarah #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Maggie, I feel exactly like you with things that are unused. We all buy on impulse when we see something we love the look at but is there enough time in our lives to use it all..? If i'd have been going to the crop there are a few things I would have brought to pass on but sadly I can not make it. So wishing you a very Happy 10th WoywW Anniversary Tracey #9
P.S Love the idea of Monday mindfulness, I certainly could do with a bit more time for me and family xx

Caro said...

Love the idea of PTCs. I am so looking forward to meeting you in person at the crop/. Happy 10 year WOYWW anniversary. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Helen said...

PTCs sound delightful and I just know they will be beautiful! Happy WOYWW 10 Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Happy 10th anniversary! So looking forward to meeting up next week and so glad everyone is happy to leave their stilettoes at home - lol! Hoping there will be about 20 WOYWWers at the crop but also a few friends and partners etc who won't need ATCs.xx Jo

Dorlene Durham said...

I try to bring a bag/box of "treasures" when I go to crops too. There are so many unused items that I have that seem so wasteful just sitting there. Happy 10 years Dorlene #39 And I responded to your email with my mailing address! :)

Debbie Rock said...

Happy 10th WOYWW dear friend. Love Debbie #25 xXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm really late as I was forced to go out with friends today to drink coffee and eat scones.... I could hardly say no! but it has made me late getting round. Wishing you a lovely woyww and a happy creative week with hugs, Angela x19X

Anne said...

Hello Maggie. I can so identify with ' live each day as though your last' and I am trying to enjoy life more. See you soon. Anne x #24

My name is Cindy said...

Wise words Maggie, we should all make the most of our time although I also think that making time to NOT do anything is also important!! Really sad I won't make the crop again this year, have a piece of cake for me. Happy 10th Anniversary, Cindy #44

Diana Taylor said...

Parchment ATC's sound lovely - it's a craft I might try 'one day' but haven't so far! Hope you have a great time at the crop,
Happy 10th Anniversary,
Diana x #22

Heather M said...

Hi Maggie, sorry I am late visiting. Happy 10th WOYWW anniversary. You've definitely hit the nail on the head about making every moment count. I'm not on borrowed time, but I am on bonus time - and my perspective on life was certainly changed after my cardiac arrest. I hadn't thought about taking unused goodies to the crop - probably because my stash is not the largest in the world, being newer to crafting than many. I will look through though, and see what is lurking in my many boxes and drawers! Looking forward to seeing you at the Crop, and exchanging ATCs if you have a spare one. Have a lovely week, Heather x #30

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Maggie, Oooh I bet those are going to be something gorgeous to behold when they are finished. ( parchment atc's) WOW :) Happy Anniversary! ~Stacy #35

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late Margaret! Lovely post, it reminds me of the game we used to play at birthday parties when the tray would have stuff on and then it would be covered up and we’d have to remember all the pieces. Mind, your tray isn’t quite so random, and although I completely understand why and how much good sense it makes, the sight of the head torch always makes me smile. Mr Dunnit gets so used to wearing it that he often drives home in it!
Our Instagram lady is Kathy and she’s in Washington. I met her her in 2017; I was at my sister’s in Idaho and both of us and husbands drove to a meet point 2.5 hours away to have lunch. It was fab! kathy uses Instagram because she’s working her way up to blogging. She knows that not so many people are on Instagram but she likes to join 8n and lets face it, when you click on her name and see all this photos...it’s joy!!

Marit said...

The Woyww-list is quite long in this anniversary-week and I want to visit everyone on it, so I am still making my round... sorry I am late. And yes, it IS important to slow down and take time to enjoy loved ones - not stay at the computer (or iphone) all day but turn it off and go for a walk, things like that. I'm glad I am 'old' enough to do all that without having the feeling I 'miss out on things'. I guess wisdom comes with again, ha! Have a nice Sunday. Happy late-woyww-anniversary, hug from Holland. Marit #16

glitterandglue said...

Hi Maggie - Sorry to be so late commenting, blogger wasn't playing for me!! Happy 10th anniversary! Love the fact of a parchment tray - everything you need to do a project! Wonderful. I so enjoy doing pergamano - just never seem to have sufficient time to do as much as I would like!! I had planned to make my ATCs in pergamano this year...it didn't quite work out that way!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary, Maggie! I always look forward to your parchment projects. Creative Blessings! Kelly #33