Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 3 May 2019

Friday - Finish Off Day

Quite a few UFOs sorted today.  My lateness in posting is largely due to my continued internet problems.  That means that to get  decent photo, I have to take the camera to the computer, download the pictures I need, edit them there, then transfer them to the Kindle.  Three times the work.


This first one has been hanging around for at least two years, since the Clarity retreat that year.  It got pushed aside because I dropped a real changer on the other piece that went with it and hid it from Barbara, and it has remained hidden since then.  This week, I finished the snipping and decided to get it mounted up.  Unfortunately, I forgot one other process I had meant to do, which was some light embossing on the bodies to give them a little shape.


Number 2 is a non-Clarity design, but using basic parchment techniques.  I was at a local class and looking for a way to make the card mine. It was just a stamp and colour on card, but I thought it would make a good parchment piece, so I stamped th design onto card and then traced what I wanted, before painting and embossing the flowers.


Number 3 stems from the lovely blue tit from Linda Williams.  I had already done the squirrel this week and was looking for more creatures to fluff.  These two owls seemed to fit the bill.  Like the squirrel, the colours were very mixed, with tyre different browns, two greys, white, cream and black, with blue in the background.  It is mounted on a scrap piece of Clarity designer paper, which gave me hills in the background.


Number 4 is another that has been hanging round for years.  I acquired a pile of very old embroidery transfers from an aunt after her death.  Although I don't do much needlework these days, I kept them and one or two have been used for colouring and some traced for parchment work.  This is one of those.  Sadly, I don't think this shows well in a photo, but it does look better in real life.


Finally, I wanted to show the lovely PTC and accompanying card that arrived this week from Maureen Riggs. Thank you, Maureen.  They are lovely and I will treasure them.

I hope you enjoy my blog.  It would be lovely if you could leave a comment so I know who you are when I meet up with you at classes etc

3 comments:

Sue C said...

Wow you have been busy be it that it has taken you a while to get to this point.They are all lovely pieces, each one using different techniques.
I suppose now its the weekend & a Bank Holiday at that you won't get your internet problem sorted until next week. At least you have plenty of Clarity shows to occupy you until then. Looking forward to seeing Josie with Paul & Barbara of course.

Jane said...

Wow Maggie they are all fab projects. The 1st one was a real blast from the past and reminded me that I didn't finish mine. I will have to dig it out!!!
Hope your Internet problems get fixed soon.
Love and hugs xxx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Glad you finished and shared your work , they are beautiful , got a soft spot for the hares .
Jane x