Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 8 May 2019

WOYWW 518

What is the title of today's post all about, I hear some people saying.  Well, it is the name of a sharing blog that has been running for almost ten years, where our leader, Julia, at Stamping Ground, has been hosting us.  We each take a photo of our work area on Wednesday, adding this to a short blog, and link our post to Julia's blog, then we can all visit everyone else in the link.


This is my work area for today.  It is actually my laptray, where I tend to do most of my parchment crafting.  On the tray this morning you can see my A5 size lightwave, as I am going to be working with the Clarity designer parchment which is difficult to see through without this light source.  

My head torch is an essential piece of kit, enabling me to focus strong but adjustable light exactly where I need it.  Without that, and with developing cataracts, I could not begin to attempt the very detailed work I love doing.  


showed this piece on my blog yesterday, but this is one piece I could not possibly do without the torch.  I don't use a magnifier as I found it really did not help, whereas good very focused light makes it easy.

I had better finish now as I need to do a bit of housework - I won't have any mugs to fill with coffee and I might drown under the cardboard waiting to be chopped up into the recycling bin.  Anyway, our Julia likes us to keep our posts short, so I will leave you and invite you to have a look at her links and possibly even join in.  Everyone is made welcome and Julia has info on how to join.

What a nasty soggy day it is today out there.  Listening to the local radio a few minutes ago, it looks as though misery is well spread all around here on the motorway network, with accidents backing traffic up and spreading it around the local road network.  Definitely a day to stay in the warm and craft.  After all, according to TV news today, creativity is good for our mental and physical health.

Have a good day, everyone , and stay dry and warm while being creative.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I think the worse of the rain has gone over Pembrokeshire, heading off to the rest of the UK. I heard rain in the night, but it is just grey here this morning. I am going to be busy with blogging and housework all day, and I may even do a walk on my treadmill to keep the number of steps up when I can't go far outside. Enjoy the rest of your day. Ali x #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Maggie tha tis a detailed piece, you really have patience for your craft. I love the idea of a head torch, and Mr Dunnit is hanging on the newel post right now, so I may very well treat myself to having a go with it this evening if I manage to get to my desk.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I understand fully the importance of needing good light to do those finer details, it's good that you have found something to do the job. It's beautiful work and as a lover of fine detail I appreciate it greatly. Having had migraine for the past days it's stopped me doing many of the things I love. It's a sad soggy day here too, so it's good to be able to stop off and see WoywW in between having a sort out. Tracey #5

Glenda said...

Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #21

Sarah Brennan said...

That headlamp certainly sounds a useful piece of kit Maggie. Hope you managed to make short work of the housework. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Sue C said...

Late coming to the blog today, have been out for a long lunch with friends. Now the end of the day is with us the rain has stopped & the sun is showing its face but it is still chilly. I need to crack on with my crafting as I realise 2 family members have special significant birthdays this month but my DNA results have just landed from ancestry so do I craft or do I switch to my other hobby of my Family Tree. Decisions Decisions !!!

Caro said...

Love the lightbox - so useful for thicker bits of parchment and I love the beautiful piece you showed today. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#17)

Helen said...

your headlamp really helps in such detailed work, what stunning results. Helen #1

Elizabeth said...

Glad to see your finding your headlamp useful ... I have cataracts developing so have an idea of what you are experiencing. Shame about the housework - a necessary evil - hope you got it done in no time at all. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #27

Anne said...

Beautiful work Maggie. Really looking forward to trying. Thanks for popping by. Anne x 14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The weather's been pretty wet here too so it's been a good day to craft. Loving your project on show today, gorgeous detail. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Heather M said...

Hi Maggie, Mr M bought me a light screen thingy... but I have to confess I have not yet used it! I can see it could be useful though. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

Kyla said...

Parchment craft is so stunning and delicate I remember my nan doing it when she was alive, somehow cant see her wearing a headtorch though!

Yes, Bank holiday was SO cold and the roads were a 'mare, much better to stay in and craft!
kyla

Kelly said...

Good morning, Maggie. Late getting round but I always love seeing your parchment work. Very pretty. I love your daily 'what to expect' idea. I do the same on mine though I don't always post. Creative Blessings! Kelly #28