Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

WOYWW 176 - Not a lot to show

If you have arrived at this post by wandering round the internet and are wondering why on earth I should be showing you an almost empty desk, it is due to a lovely lady by the name of Julia who started it all.   WOYWW stands for What's on My Workdesk Wednesday, and is regularly visited by around 200 each week, so there are plenty of desks to drool over, gasp at in horror and generally mooch around.   There is not a lot to be shown this week on my desk, partly because I have just finished one project and about to start another.  Another reason is that a lot of the things I have on the go are destined for publication in future weeks, either as a new member of the DT for Craft A Scene, some things for other challenges, or for friends later in the month.

I can show you this one card which I did for a Clarity Stamps Club challenge for August.    As far as I can remember, the brief was to use a carol, a star and gold and black.The carol was printed in reverse on acetate (if you don't print in reverse, it will backwards on the finished  image), then I sprayed the back with adhesive before applying gilding flakes.  Once it was burnished, I mounted it on gold mirri card, the on to black Clarity card.  

The star was a Clarity stamp, which I printed twice on to the reverse of the gold mirri card,  I cut one out, following the lines exactly, while the second was cut oversize, so that I could decoupage them ti give a bit of dimension.    The three wise men were also from Clarity, but were stamped using second generation ink to avoid slipping on the pearlescent card, then I brayered over them to attempt a look of desert sand.  I followed the theme onto the insert, continuing the carol, star and wise men.  Again I used the brayer around the edges. 

If you have seen enough here, do go over to Julia to  some of the other desks on show this week.  Please leave us comments, we love to read them, and we will come over and visit you in return.  See you soon.


25 comments:

Zue said...

What a stylish card and congratulations on your publications.
xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

That is such a lovely card Maggie, great layout and so unusual

jacqui x

KatzElbows said...

Great desk. It's not empty, it's ready for greatness!

Happy WOYWW.
cheers, rachel #64

shazsilverwolf said...

Morning Marg, congrats on the DT place! Well deserved.Gorgeous Christmas card this one, simple & stunning, always my favourite combo.
Speak soon, Love Shaz xx

Unknown said...

That's a very neat desk this week. I love the 'We Three Kings' card, I love anything with a song title -always gets me singing! X #95

sandra de said...

Lovely card and I really like how you have continued the theme inside. Very clever.
Sandra @93

Sunshine Girl said...

Nice creative space there and I love the card. Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl no. 57

BJ said...

Thanks for stopping by - I've got the same watercolour book but have used mine as a tag journal. I'll be popping my leafty October tag in there when I get it finished and a September one and the backing (could be a while yet!!) Lovely Christmas card too. BJ#30

scrappymo! said...

Lovely Christmas card! Very striking!
You give good, easy to follow directions!

Bernie said...

Brilliant card Maggie! Beautiful inside and out. Love that star!
Hugs
Bernie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your card! Your space looks as though it's waiting for you! Chris109

kay said...

your card is simply stunning
have a fab woyww
kay #53

lisa said...

You have some lovely looking pencil tins at the ready there, Maggie. It all looks very intriguing. Congrats on your new DT. My friend Sally has just joined the same DT so you are in good company.
Love the Clarity card, very elegant.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #84

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh tidy and ready for action, the perfect desk! And real artist materials too, how pro!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Maggie,

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Also, thank you for visiting me already!

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #18

Anonymous said...

Like your desk, I wish mine will be that organize. Happy WOYWW!

SandeeNC said...

I love the card and your use of vellum! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your workdesk is so clean and orderly - ready for you to begin again! Your card is lovely! Wishing you a sunshine day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Bridget Larsen said...

acckkk Christmas approaching already, but that is a lovely card you have made
Bridget #21

Dora said...

a nice christmas card.
greetings

Nan G said...

Beautiful card. I spy pencils ready for drawing. Happy WOYWW! Nan 117

trisha too said...

Very elegant, Maggie!

:)trisha
#137 this week

Darnell said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Maggie, both inside and outside! It's no wonder your work is destined for publication!!

Thank you for coming by to visit me already! I'm still WOYWWing my way around ... have a wonderful week! Darnell #35

Words and Pictures said...

Many congratulations on your new DT slot! I do know what you mean about having to hold off revealing things for whatever reason... Lovely music card though, the wise men silhouettes are gorgeous! Belated happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#31

Mrs A. said...

Stunning card but sounds a lot of work. Well worth it. Hugs Mrs A.