Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Monday 17 June 2019

Monday is for Mindfulness - maybe

What a fantastic time we all had down at Ditton in Kent.  I have no idea how many came in the end to the Clarity Open Days extravaganza, but everyone had a blast.

I promised photos when I got home, so be prepared.  There are a lot.  I will split them so they will not all appear today.  There are some people I missed, which is a shame, like the lovely Glynis on the Snip Clinic.  I went straight to her on Friday morning for some snipping advice.  I need a lot of practice and probably over a long time to beat my problem.

Any way, here we go!


Maria was my next port of call, demoing the beautiful Mirror Mist, combined with the acrylic shapes, gliding flakes, glitter and the Viva Decor paints.  Here are two of the beautiful things she was making, such a talented lady and so generous with her help and ideas.



Aren't they lovely?  I can see so many uses for these shapes.  Here you can see Maria sharing her skills with us all, adding the Viva Decor paint to the stamped design before spraying it with the Mirror Mist.


I can't wait to have a go myself.  I have already used the Mirror Mist to put the mirrored surface behind my engraved peacock, and loved the effect.  Christmas decs, mirrors safe for children, keyring, pendants, the list of possibilities goes on.

From Maria, I managed to get a space to watch Leonie.  Her enthusiasm is so infectious, and she is so keen to pass on her ideas and knowledge.  Gel plates, stamps, inks, paints, prayer, often all mixed together.  Sadly, no photos for some reason.

Then it was on round the room to Mike and Shona Bossom and their encaustic art.  I reckon they sold a huge number of their starter kits.  I got a space on Mike's Make and Take, and I showed you my results a couple of days ago.  Everyone followed the same instructions and came away with beaming smiles and different looking pieces.  It is unpredictable art, although you have some control.  If you don't like the result, you can clear it off and start again.  People who tried it showed their pictures to anyone and everyone they saw, and those people rushed off to book their own slot.


This is my last photo for today, a more general view of the room, a much bigger space than previous years, but full of a very happy, inspired buzz all day.

I must say a big thank you to those who worked so hard to provide us with our lunches and all day drinks to keep us all going. You did a superb job.


5 comments:

Glynis said...

What a fab weekend it was!

Jane said...

Oh Maggie! You look as though you had the most wonderful time! Just what you needed! I'm sorry I couldn't go but I've got Leyburn look forward to! X

Janet Ashmore said...

Maggie. I attended on Saturday and like you had an amazing time. Loved the demos and the make and takes. I too did the encaustic art and was thrilled at my results. Couldn't quite stretch to buying the kit, but it's on my wish list ! I learnt so much and came away with quite a few new products and even more ideas... just need to find the time !!! Jx

Janet Ashmore said...

Maggie. I attended on Saturday and like you had an amazing time. Loved the demos and the make and takes. I too did the encaustic art and was thrilled at my results. Couldn't quite stretch to buying the kit, but it's on my wish list ! I learnt so much and came away with quite a few new products and even more ideas... just need to find the time !!! Jx

Sue C said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Ditton seems to have been a huge success & the whole event getting bigger & better. The mirror mist items look fantastic, no doubt they will find a way home at some point.