Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 14 June 2019

Friday - Finish Off Day

Not a totally normal finishing off here.  However, I did finish with my dithering over whether to get my encaustic kit out for its first airing.

Like a lot of Clarity fans, I spent the day down at Ditton in Kent at the Open Days.  It was lovely to meet up with so many people, some for the first time.

Mike and Shona Bossom, good friends of Barbara, were there demoing their fabulous encaustic art and doing make and takes all day.  I bought the kit ages ago but now I can wait to get it out and go for it.


This was my first test piece, just to get the feel of it and it taught me so much, not least that it was nothing to fear.  Then we went for it, under Mike's instructions and this was what I achieved.  I am so chuffed with it.  It will be framed and hung somewhere in the house.


So be warned, folks, you could be receiving cards made like this in the near future.

I will write more about the Open Days in the very near future.  If you are in the Ditton area tomorrow, come along for a great day.

4 comments:

Dawn Sirdefield said...

Maggie that looks fab. Once I have caught up on my other jobs I shall get my kit out and give it a go. Enjoy your second open day tomorrow. Xxx

Sue C said...

I see windswept grasses with birds flying over. Have never tried encaustic art, they always make it look so simple to do but I am sure it is not always the case but I suppose its a case of keeping at it. Glad you enjoyed the 1st day at Ditton & look forward to hearing all about it in due course. From other postings on FB it seems to have been a great day enjoyed by everyone.

Lisapmac said...

Fantastic Maggie. Treated myself to the starter kit last month but not had time to play yet so I must make time x

Glynis said...

I have bought a starter kit too. I am busy straightening my legs out at this moment, so body isn't willing but the mind is doing overtime! Can't wait to have a play! I love what you have done and the Northern Lights one is amazing!

Glynis xx