Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Thursday 6 June 2019

WOYWW 522 - after the Crop.

I am so late joining the gang this week.  After a great get together on Saturday in Shrewbury, I had intended to now show the PTCs I made for the ATC swap.  However, I am limited to using my Kindle to write this and it is very difficult to manipulate my photos, so that will have to wait.

More importantly, I want to say a big thank you to the wonderful organisers, Wipso and Twiglet, and the two ladies who started the whole thing, Julia, and Lunch Lady Jan.  You all did a wonderful job.


This photo gives me so much pleasure.  To see Jan and others trying parchment work for the first time and having so much pleasure doing it gives me a real lift.  People, who thought they did not have the patience to do this lovely craft, finding how very relaxing it is and producing their own small works of art. 

I also want to thank everyone who gave me their own tiny works of art, using the crafts that are special to them.  I will treasure them all.  I will photograph them all and hope to share them next week.
xxxxxxxxxxx








8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

It was a great day wasn't it Maggie. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lynne Bishop said...

A good day with like minded friends. Glad you enjoyed it Maggie, We did miss you at Maria's class though. xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, it was a lovely day wasn't it? Loved the PTC,so delicate.Nice to meet some new bloggers too. Love, Shaz Xxx

Glenda said...

How lovely that you shared your craft with everyone! I've love parchment craft for many years! It's is just lovely and so delicate!
Glenda #21

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Maggie, so very glad you were able to make it and share your wonderful skills with folks ther,e well done indeed on capturing Jan with concentration plus!
Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing your desk, Shaz in Oz.x #23

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Twiglet said...

So glad we had such a happy day! Lovely to see so many WOYWWers! xx Jo

Helen said...

Jan has such a look of concentration on her face! What a fabulous day we had. Helen #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Maggie, it was lovely meeting you on Saturday! Thank you so much for the lovely ATC - I had a chance to take a closer look at it with my glasses on - such delicate details! I can see Jan is totally engrossed in the process. I would like to try it once too! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa @InkyDinkyDoodle #26