Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 16 March 2019

No photos today.

I have not got as far as downloading yesterday's NEC photos from yesterday.  I was tired when I got back so just vegetated for the evening.  I intend to actually do some crafting today and possibly fit in some playing with the new old Pergamano tools that Linda Williams demonstrated live on Hochanda yesterday.

If you are at the NEC today, don't forget to get up to the Hochanda studio stand to support Barbara Gray at noon.  She is demoing some lovely new stencils.  The lovely team from Hochanda will make you very welcome - lots of sweeties and jollies to keep you going.

I am also going to do more work on my piece from the Groovi Make and Take, more embossing and colouring to do.  I will take photos as I go along and blog it.

Today's tip is more in the line of info that some of you know.  Did you know that most paper, including parchment, has a "tooth", which is the texture that occurs in the manufacture.  If you are colouring with blendable pencils and really go for it with heavy pressure, you will fill that tooth.  At that point, no matter what you do, you will not be able to add more colour or do any shading.  It is much better to go in with several very soft layers.  You can achieve the same brightness of colour, but with shading which takes it to a much more pleasing level.  Try it out on a spare piece of paper or parchment and you will see the difference.

Whatever your day brings you, have a good one, and try to make someone else happy today.  There is enough cruelty and misery in the world an my heart goes out to those affected by the murders in New Zealand.  Let everyone just smile at others, say please and thank you, and do your best to make someone else's day better.

No comments: