Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Tuesday 26 March 2019

My blog week, day by day

Now I am getting myself sorted again with this little blog, I need a plan to keep me going.  Barbara Gray has a day to day plan, even if she varies it to suit sometimes.  Maria Moorhouse also has a plan for her day to day posting.  I am not sure how either of these ladies find the time to fit in their blogs.

So, here we go, trying to make a plan.
Monday for Mindfulness - or it could be to relax and recover from a busy weekend?
Tuesday Tidy Up - that could be to tidy up craft stuff or tidy up the house?
Wednesday What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday -  desk needs to be tidy to take the usual photo for that day.
Thursday - still to be decided, so if any one has any ideas, please post a comment at the bottom of this post.
Friday Finish Off Day - that was a good idea stolen from Maria.
Saturday Start Something New - it is often a day for a workshop where I learn new skills
Sunday Sleep In - as long as there is no workshop that day too.

That is as far as I have got today.  Any ideas gratefully received.  I am not the most organised of people and easily distracted by seeing craft stuff I had forgotten, so Tuesday Tidy Up could cause serious distraction.  I have a butterfly mind at the best of times.

P.S. Thank you to everyone who is taking the trouble to give me ideas.  I will take them on board and use them when my brain is back in gear this morning.

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Many people use Thursday as Throwback Thursday when they share a project from the past Maggie. Good for you for blogging daily, it is quite hard work, but very rewarding personally.

Lynne Bishop said...

I will have to think about Thursday but Tuesday's tidy could lead to things for finish off Friday. Not sure that I will make a strict plan for my blog when I finally get it sorted. I will let you lead the way. X

Dawn Sirdefield said...

Good idea Maggie - might try that myself. You are really good at helping others so why not make Thursday for Tips and Advice? Your help, advice and support have helped many people over time so I think you could make it a regular thing. Pick up on a comment on one of the group pages for example and expand it. Just a thought. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Jane said...

That sounds like a great idea Maggie. How about Troubleshoot Thursday where you give hints and tips of how to rescue that problem task?

Have a great day today! Hugs xxx

Roz McLellan said...

Morning, Maggie,

An idea for Thursdays - perhaps borrow an idea from Barbara? I am thinking 'something blue (or red, or green, or orange, or.......)'?

Just a thought.

See you soon,
Love, Roz.xxx

JackieCou said...

I can only think of Thinking Thursday - thinking about what you need to do (craft wise) and what you’d like to do (craft wise). I’m always thinking and often need to write a list of things coming up that I need cards for ! X

Lynne Bishop said...

How about Try a new product. You will have the club items at the very least. X

Pat Coombes said...

Thank you for taking time, love reading your blog. Thursdays could just be a surprise x

Chris Kelly said...

I don't know where you find the time Maggie. Your hints and tips have helped me so much. I try to visit every day but sometimes don't make it. X

Sue C said...

How about Technique Thursday. could be ant craft. Love reading your blog

pearl dalley said...

Loving your blog. The idea is fantastic any of your wealth of knowledge to share is always appreciated. Xx