Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 5 April 2019

Finish Off on Friday

It's a bit chilly this morning and I really did not want to get out of my lovely cosy bed, but I decided that it would not be a good look to meet the Sainsbury's delivery man in my nightie.
These first two cards are the ones I set up at the lovely workshop last Saturday at Whittington, run by Josie Davidson (the Queen of gridwork) and Chris Walker. 

I posted both designs after the class ( https://silvercrafter.blogspot.com/2019/03/saturday-is-workshop-day.html ) and have been working on them gently  each day since then.


All the colouring was done on the back, using the Perga Liners, keeping the colour palette very limited.   

I think the designs that Josie and Chris gave us are really delicate and pretty, and I thoroughly enjoyed doing the gridwork.






This third one is the one I used to show how to use the King plates.  It is the Edward border.  The perforating is not as good as I would like.  It uses the bold grids and tools, and, being awkward, I find the bold perforating and snipping harder than the fine tools and grids.  I need to settle down and just practice until I get it right.

The centre is from a drawing of lavender that I did a couple of years ago.  I tried to keep the outlines as faint as possible to let the colour come through.  I also coloured the background within the border with the Perga Liners.

I need to play around a bit more to find the best way to use my drawings on parchment to get the best results.  I also need to set aside a few minutes each day just to do some observing and drawing.

Off now to see what else I can manage to finish off today, and to get my bags packed and ready for both of this weekend's workshops.  Hope you have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Lynne Bishop said...

All three are lovely Maggie. I finished my second one from last weekend last night. They were great designs. X

Kathy P said...

Such beautiful designs and work Maggie x

Pat S Witney said...

Love the designs Margaret. All three are lovely.

Sue C said...

Those pieces are beautiful Maggie. I need to do an 18th Birthday card for my Great Niece so having sorted out a few plates I need to start putting into reality what I have in mind in case it doesn't go to plan. Have a great weekend, sounds as though you are going to be busy, then next week we have Evesham & Bromsgrove x

Sarah Brennan said...

I think they are all beautiful Maggie. See you on Sunday!