Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Tuesday Tidy Up

I chose Tuesdays to be days to tidy for several reasons.  It is a day where I often have visitors in the evening, so it is a good reason to get out from under the mountain of stuff that gathers round me.

At the weekend, I usually have workshops to go to, to meet up with friends and learn new skills, great fun.  However, it usually involves hunting round for the last few things needed for those events at the very last minute, meaning that I rush out of the door, leaving things scattered behind me.

By the time I get home, I am usually working out who needs to be emptied first, me or the dog, and how not to fall over the dog.   Then, I need feeding.  Once those necessities are dealt with, I can't be bothered to summon up the energy to do anything but relax.  So no tidying up gets done.  Monday is a day to recover and sort out in my mind everything I have learned, so, again, not much of a day to tidy.


This is how I left my table, and as I have several projects in mind, it would help to clear it.  There is also a large heap at the other end of the room which I want to remove today.


I still hold an amateur radio licence, but have not used the equipment for a few years, so decided to gather it up and pass it on to someone who could make use of it, but that involves another large box to assemble it all in till I can get it out of the house.  Living at the top of a hill, we could regularly contact people as far away as Leicester to the north, Oxford to the south and Leominster to the west.

I did do a little more last night to the first of the two designs I prepped at Saturday's workshop.


Most of the colouring is done, using the Perga Liners on the back, perfect for gentle blending (for card and paper as well as parchment), and I am now in the middle of re-perforating, both the design and the edge, and then snipping.  I am in no hurry and just enjoying the process.  I will show more of that in another post.

Anyway, less chat now and more clearing.  If you pop in tomorrow, you can see the result of my efforts as it is What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  I hope you all have a chance to enjoy the lovely sunshine that we have right now.  Have a good day.


5 comments:

Pat S Witney said...

Lovely work Margaret. I hope you manage to do even just a little bit on your tidy up Tuesday.

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck with the tidying. Beautiful card.

Jane said...

That's a great card Maggie! And yes you need a good tidy so you can make more beautiful projects!
We're having typical April weather today... Showers with sunshine in between!
Have a good day. Hugs! Xxx

Lynne Bishop said...

Looks like a bit of sorting there Maggie. Project from Saturday is looking great, Snipped my first one now just need to mount it. xx

Sue C said...

Just realised I hadn't read your blog for Tuesday when I sat down to read Wednesdays so having a catch up. Hope you managed to make progress on your tidy up Tuesday, no doubt all will be revealed when I read Wednesday's. I think I need a tidy up week which I did try after Christmas but found so many things that I had forgotten about & a few items I had duplicated because I had forgotten where I had put the first one, even though I now realise I had labelled the box 'Sticky stuff'. Luckily its a consumable item !!