Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 3 April 2019

WOYWW 513


Wednesday again already!  The day we all trot round to Julia's Stamping Ground to see what everyone else is doing.  I cannot believe it has galloped round so fast.  In fact, will someone please put the brakes on this year and give me a chance to catch up a little.

Not a lot to see really today, as it was my designated day for a major clear up, so very little crafting actually going on.    In between filling black sacks, I have done a little perforating and picot cutting on the two parchment pieces I started at class on Saturday.  I don't want to add them to my increasing pile of UFOs to be dealt with on Friday Finish Off Day.


This is where I got to last night before bed, not a very good photo, the colour being very distorted, but the next picture shows the colour better.


Once this is finished, I am aiming to have a nice inky session later today.  I feel the need to get messy for a bit.

This was not in my original photo, but it is something I need to add more to.  Doodling has become really popular, all of a sudden, partly thanks to a doodling competition between Barbara Gray and Tina Cox.  This one of mine was done a while ago, but I rejected it as being no good.  Since then, I have learned a lot about myself and my attitude to what I create, and, looking at it again, I have changed my mind.  I quite like this now, regardless of what anyone else might think.


Talking to a local artist on Sunday, and to a friend since has made me realise that I need to listen to my own advice.  Never mind what anyone else says or thinks, it is important to just have a go, and keep having a go.  Even doodling has value.

Meanwhile, I hope to see you all over at Julia's for a coffee.

20 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the parchment piece Maggie. Glad you managed to get tidy as planned. The doodling is great too. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Glynis said...

Fabulous work! Xxx

Lynne Bishop said...

We are all bad at taking our own advice. Your doodling looks fine and after all there is no set design to it just whatever we feel like doing. Have a good day getting inky. X .

Neet said...

Lovely neat parchment craft - I remember only too well cutting those little crosses out. So many times I would get near the end and 'snip' one would go wrong. Well done you.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, the parchment is lovely, isn't it an annoyance how cameras change colours? I find mine tends to make purples look blue all the time. Very good advice, I think we are usually our own biggest critic. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 XxX

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Maggie, love your parchment work as always. Whatever you do you have to keep practising!!(although sadly I often find my first enthusiastic attempts somehow defy logic and are awesome (!!) but I can never replicate it. Probably because I didn't really know what I was doing!!). Happy WOYWW Cindy #9

Plush Possum Studio said...

Such lovely work. really delicate.
Happy WOYWW
Rose #26

Helen said...

what a difference between the colours on those two photos! your parchment work is stunning. Helen #3

Shoshi said...

Maggie, your parchment piece is so beautiful... I always admire this work but it's far too fiddly for me, I think! It's so delicate and pretty. Your doodling is stunning too - really love that! Thank you for your visit, and especially for your good wishes re my health. My teeth are now fine and settled down, which is a relief! Don't want to go through all that again in a hurry! I'm so glad you like the slippers. I'm going to have fun embellishing them. Also I'm really glad you can see the photos this time. I hope they are going to stick and not disappear again. I'm going to try and have another go at the ones missing from last week.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I couldn't agree more - we are so bad generally at appreciating our own work. The doodle is fab, the parchment is stunning and as long as you're having fun creating, then that;s the most important thing.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting desk today and lovely parchment. Have a great woyww, Angela x15x

sandra de said...

Oh the detail is just amazing.... it must of taken hours of patient skills.
sandra de @19

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Adore the perforated creation Maggie, simply stunning, really admire those who can do that! Margaret is very good at it too. Love your doodle too and sso agree with your advice to yourself! 😊
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #13

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Twiglet said...

Your doodle is fab and I am in awe of that lovely parchment work. x Jo

Caro said...

The parchment work is stunning and I love the doodle. Thanks for sharing, sorry I’m late. Have a lovely week. Caro x(#10)

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, that parchment work is so delicate - it must take immense concentration. The doodle is fantastic too, I should imagine it's very relaxing to do.
Have a great week,
Diana x #17

Julia Dunnit said...

‘Even doodling’ it sure does, even when on the phone and doodling in the margin, it has a therapy of its own, so doodling to produce art is a great thing. Your friends are right, so go on heeding your own advice! Love the look of the parchment...the colour looks great in the dark and the light, certainly doesn’t detract from the work!

Heather M said...

Hi Maggie, I'm with you on the doodling! The parchment looks lovely but I know I would never have the patience! Thanks for stopping by earlier, and have a lovely week Heather x #14

Lindart said...

Hi Maggie, well who really matters in all of this? t's you, and if you like it (and BTW, I think it's fab) then that's all that matters! Good for you for looking at it again! I go into doodling stages, one year I do it a lot, the next not so much. Depends on how much time I have! Thanks your visit, have a great week, Lindart #29

Kelly said...

Lovely pieces. I love pergo work. You're doing great! Thanks for the stop-by. I made progress. Will update on Wednesday. I could sure use those brakes on time as well. Creative Blessings! Kelly #28