Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 10 April 2019

WOYWW 514



Nice bit of sun right now to brighten up our moods and our desks.  You probably won't be surprised to see that mine is heavily biased towards parchment projects.  I was out yesterday, doing two great workshops with Maria Moorhouse at Evesham, and came back with plenty of homework.  Parchment cannot be rushed otherwise it looks awful, all wrinkled and uneven.

This is the first one.  Still a lot of embossing layers to add to enhance the graduated white work.  Their is  bit of cut work on the leaves, with stippling on the large daisy centres to give texture.


This second one was a little more complicated to set up, and involved more cut work, plus stippling again on the daisy centres.  I have not yet decided whether to add colour or keep it to traditional white.


A very kind lady brought some magazines, full of parchment designs, to the class for anyone who wanted them. As a result of some chat, I was challenged to do the design on the front cover, by Marina Wiyadharma.


I think this will keep me busy for a while.  Meanwhile, I am off now to link up with Julia at Stamping Ground to see how everyone else is going on.  Have a good day, wherever you are or what you are doing.

15 comments:

Lynne Bishop said...

You are right that design will keep you quiet for a while. Maria's designs look great should be lovely when they are finished. xx

Sue C said...

Thanks for sharing your projects, your challenge looks interesting. Look forward to seeing the end result in a few weeks or so !!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, great pieces. I'd never have the patience, I lose interest if I can't complete something in a shortish time period. The colouring is beautiful on that last one.Love & hugs, Shaz #6 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love parchment but it's not something I tend to do, don't think I have the patience or maybe it's just that it's too clean for me as I am a messy crafter. Happy creative woyww, Angela x16x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Maggie. Fantastic projects. They are going to look so very beautiful when all are finished. I personally love pergamano, especially the white work - but I'm being tempted by a try at some pencil work... watch this space, as they say.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the look of parchment and admire your patience for doing it. That project inspired by the mag cover is delightful, so fresh and pretty - clever you!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Pat S Witney said...

Good luck with the challenge Margaret. Rather you than me. Look forward to seeing the finished articles from Maria’s workshop yesterday.

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Maggie, such beautiful work and definitely not to be rushed. It would be awful to spoil such delicate work. Sorry I missed you on Sunday. Hope your hand is feeling better. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Barbara W (Worcestershire) said...

Love your afternoon workshop work Margaret. I would leave it white, but I do not like too much colour as I think white looks beautiful.

Not sure I would take the challenge from the parchment magazine!!

Barbara

Helen said...

oh how beautiful!! I know the finished piece will be stunning. helen #2

Shoshi said...

Your parchment work is just stunning, Maggie. Looks like real lace! You and Margaret (Glitterandglue) are neck and neck with this - both very talented! Thank you for your visit and I'm sorry you couldn't see the photos. Hop over to my new Wordpress blog at https://shoshiplatypus.com and you will see them there.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #23 (new number)

Neet said...

Good luck with your parchment. I love what you are producing, everything is so beautiful and anyone who gets one of your creations should be absolutely over the moon. I know what a lot of work goes into these cards, which is why I no longer do them, and how easy it is to ruin a piece you have been working on. Yours look perfection.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really beautiful parchment i've never attempted a piece as large usually small flowers. Your attention to detail is exquisite. So glad you shared these today. Tracey #5

Anne said...

Hi thanks for popping in. The parchment work is stunning. I don't think I am patient enough. Anne X

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ahhh stunning indeed that design Maggie, love it all very much, great work you’ve done ... however can see why that last design is challenging you it really is wonderful l
Happy belated WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}