Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 24 April 2019

WOYWW 516


Not my desk today but a lovely view from my son's house over the river valley.  I am , here to deliver birthday presents, rather late, and even a very delayed Christmas present.

Here are my granddaughters having fun with their sticker books, with help from Daddy.


Off now to have lunch at the pub, so perhaps you would like to go and visit Julia at Stamping Ground, where you will find lots of other desks to view.



This is Rosie's birthday card and envelope, using Barbara Gray's Floral Alphabet.



This is Charlotte's card, using the same alphabet.















Apologies for being so late replying and commenting today, but I have been having lots of fun with my youngest to granddaughters, which definitely took precidence today.  Then there was the usual pain of dealing with a very busy car park, otherwise known as the M42.  After that, a nice snooze seemed the most attractive proposition.

12 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Maggie, lovely indeedy, the cards for your girls.. but think their intent concentration on sticker books are even better, enjoyment indeed, happy WOYWW. And enjoy lunch I’m off to bed, hugs Shazin Oz.x #23

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sarah Brennan said...

How lovely that the flower plates got put to such good use already. Beautiful cards Maggie. Enjoy your visit and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful cards Maggie, enjoy your family time. Happy WoywW Tracey #5

Sue C said...

Glad you were able to deliver the cards ( which are beautiful) & presents today. Hope you have a lovely lunch with the family.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, very pretty cards. Hope you've had a good visit. Much love, Shaz X

Lynn Holland said...

Hope lunch in the pub was good. I’m taking my Mum tomorrow, she’s in need of a little treat.
Have a lovely creative week
Lynn x 11

Caro said...

Love the view from the window - so beautiful and the cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW and have a great week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#20)

Helen said...

oh Maggie, those cards are gorgeous! hope you enjoyed lunch! Helen #1

Barbara W said...

Both the cards are lovely Margaret. I bet your granddaughters loved them.
Wow what a lovely view from the window at your son's home and it does not look like it is raining...………...yet!
Barbara xx

Shoshi said...

I love both the cards, Maggie, and what an absolutely sweet picture of your granddaughter and her daddy doing the sticker book! Definitely one for the album!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Maggie, you're not the only one that's late this week but we'll get there. I am busy trying to clear all that patterned paper that I used to buy as I don't buy it at all now but you either have to find a use for it or give it away, I just need the space. Pleased to see you had a good time with the family and hope the rest of the week is good too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x21x

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Maggie and I'm glad you like my little flowers. I made the leaves last night, so at last I am ready to start sewing them to the slippers. Hopefully there will be something to show you next week!

Shoshi