Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 27 April 2019

Saturday is for starting something new

I was looking for a Groovi plate to play with, and came cross the Woodland Owls - https://claritystamp.com/products/woodland-owls-br-a5-square-groovi-plate-br-set-gro-an-41094-03

I reckon they will do just what I wanted with a fair bit of thought, mainly on the colouring side.  My idea is to trace very lightly the main outline of the birds, and work on them as Linda has shown us on the fluffy robins at the Open Days.  I need to look at the mix of colours I need to achieve the result I am after. 

I will probably leave out a lot of the branches around the birds as I think it might be too busy.  That is the beauty of Groovi.  It is so easy to leave things out if they don't fit your plans.  

I also need to think now about what to do for this month's PTC swap.  I have a couple of ideas, and might try both to see which works best.  Living not far from the Potteries does bring some thoughts to mind.

Ok, instead of talking about it, I will grab a tumble drier sheet and get started.  What are you all working on at the moment?

4 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Look forward to seeing your projects develop Maggie.

Linda Page said...

Good luck Maggie

I have nothing on my desk at the moment as I have been struck with dreaded lurgy Wednesday 3am I had a workshop that day so by the time I got home I was all in . It's not like me to be floored but I have been. Good job I was more or less up to date with secret stuff. Felt a bit better today so might try tomorrow to do a bit of prep for a demo next Saturday xx

Dora said...

Good luck Maggie, I hope to see the result...

I have been drawing this evening and I have time left to made a card. I was very productive this time.
The card is now to see on my blog.

Lynne Bishop said...

I started one of the embroidery plates last night but did not get far as too tired after having Taylor all day. He was golden but babies are a good sleeping pill at our age. Good luck with your owls. X