Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 30 January 2019

WOYWW 504 - What a mess!


As the title says, what a mess.  Why would any sane person want to show this to anyone else?  The explanation is simple, really it is.  It is Wednesday which is also known to some of us as What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, or WOYWW for short.  It is the day when we show everyone in the group our work space to see what we are doing.  Our hostess is Julia, over at Stamping Ground  where we link in and then visit each other.

My desk has the dross left on it from projects I have been working on over the last few days.  There is my daffodil painting for Marie Curie and the rest of the kit from Hochanda and Matthew Palmer, ready to do the second painting.

I have also been busy knitting myself a gilet which has thrown up a few problems with me not reading the pattern correctly.  You can see the pattern abandoned till later.  I always take and knit the wool from the centre of the ball.  Last night, I had to add a new ball in and it then took me another hour to disentangle the mess that came out of the middle.

You might also be able to see a large roll of Groovi tabs at the back.  Several of us had expressed interest in buying the rolls, so, as always, Barbara Gray listened and provided.  Hopefully, the roll is big enough and bulky enough that I can keep track of them.

So far, the promised snow has not arrived here, so I have my fingers crossed that it passes us by completely.  It is very cold so I shall be snuggling in to craft for the time being.  I hope everyone else stays safe and warm.  Any of you who have not yet ventured to join the WOYWWs, why not do it today.  All the info you need is there for you at Stamping Ground 

14 comments:

Claire said...

We haven't had our promised snow either... long may it stay away!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 6

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy WOYWW Maggie. Hope you do manage to avoid the snow. It's been a pain today. School stayed open but some staff didn't make it in until after 9am. Sarah #4

Lynne Bishop said...

Hoping the snow passes us by. Reckon my desk looks just like yours, been sat at it this afternoon and made a real mess. Hope the knitting goes better today. xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, Heard about those tabs, are they the foam sort? Really can't be doing with knitting, lol. I know how, but don't enjoy it one bit. Love, Shaz X #7

Caro said...

Hope the snow isnt too bad for you... we havent got much here for once. Loving the creative chaos. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week, with love and God Bless, Caro x (#30)

Helen said...

we had a light dusting but they are forecasting more tomorrow night. I hope they are wrong! Your desk sure looks busy - productive, not messy I prefer to think! Helen #3

Sue C said...

My desk upstairs, the dining room table & the space next to me on the sofa looks like your desk but if it was tidy we wouldn't be crafting would we !!

Jane said...

If you can't find your remote... Its on your desk!
Our snow is still on the ground but now turning icy. Today is bright and sunny but ever so cold.
Have a good day whatever you get up to! Xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you win the prize for today's messiest desk, lol!! Isn't it infuriating when the yarn from the centre of the ball comes out like a rat's nest....grrrr..I share your pain!
HUgs LLJ 10 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Maggie. Hope you enjoyed all the tv challenges you were going to do. Yes, taking the yarn from the inside of the ball does sometimes produce an almighty mess - always takes me ages as well to get sorted - such frustration when I only have a certain amount of time to do the knitting... but there you go.
How have you managed to miss the snow? We even had some here - and I'm only 400yards from the sea and about 30feet above sea level. The Little and Great Ormes look pretty spectacular though!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late! I’m afraid I don’t know enough about Groovi to know what the tabs are to the point that I don’t know what I’m looking for! I really admire your patience with the wool, and even more so with the pattern...it would have been very tempting to abandon it and file under WIP...I’m rubbish when things go wrong! No snow here yet, 9pm Thursday....will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and for me!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We keep being threatened with snow too but very little so far thank goodness though it has been very frosted. Messy desks are best Lol! Have a great week and a happy belated woyww, Angela x15x

Marit said...

There were times I spend hours on tangled wool... my granny used to 'de-knit' (what's the English word for that? Destroy an old sweater to keep the wool?) second hand bought sweaters and I loved it when sometimes she gave me permission to help her out.. so she let me detangle the wool while we chatted... my granny was a difficult and sometimes aweful woman but this is quite a nice memory! Happy - belated - woyww and have a good weekend! Love from Holland, Marit #18

Kelly said...

Hi Maggie!
Love the desk. Still in better shape than mine at the moment. Hoping to change that today. Looking forward to seeing you again on Wednesday! Creative Blessings! Kelly #28