Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Thursday 17 January 2019

Nothing about Brexit here!

Well, Wednesday was a bit hectic, partly thanks to messing around, waiting for the gasman to call.  Fortunately, when he did arrive, the service did not take too long.

I did find time in the evening to do some playing with parchment, two with the Queen Mary plate and one with the Groovi Go, just for a change.



I now have ten totally different PTCs finished, ready for use, and three card toppers of different sizes.  I just need to make sure those get finished on Friday so they don't add to the pile of UFOs.  I think I will take some to this afternoon's meeting of Bromsgrove Parchers, rather than start anything new.

A couple of weeks ago, I was so fed up with serious lack of sleep that I splashed out on a weighted blanket.  As a child, we had no central heating, so I would bury myself right under the blankets with the huge cream stone hot water bottle, which were quite heavy.  Since the appearance on the scene of duvets, the clothes are very much lighter, so I wondered if extra weight might help me to sleep better again.

I have been using the new blanket for ten days and although I still don't sleep all night, I do feel that I am getting better sleep.  I really feel it is snuggling round me and helping me to relax.  I just hope the improvement continues.

I hope everyone is starting to recover from all the nasty coughs and colds that appeared over Christmas.

5 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are sleeping better Maggie. Have fun at Bromsgrove Parchers. You will have some very happy swap partners with your PTCs.

Lynne Bishop said...

You are being very productive with your PTC's. They look lovely. Glad the sleep problem is improving, I can sympathize after having a few broken nights myself recently. Although last night was good. X

Sue C said...

You have been busy, look forward to seeing the PTC's in the flesh later on.
I find I sleep better with the extra weight on top of the quilt so you are not the only one x

Jayne S said...

You’ve been very busy doing your lovely PTCs Margaret, looking forward to seeing them later today at Bromsgrove.

Jane said...

Ooo it sounds as though you have been very productive with all these little pieces of parchment. I've made mine for the swap now... I just need to get it in the post!!!
I'm very interested in this blanket you have bought. I do like to feel snuggly and even in the height of summer I need to be fully under the covers! I think it is a security thing. I also think this waking up thing is down to a creative brain working overtime!
Have a great day today! Hugs Xxxx