Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 16 January 2019

WOYWW - 502

Well, I managed to forget last Wednesday, but I am trying to really get my blog working from now on, so here we go.

For those reading this and wondering what this is all about, WOYWW stand for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  It is the day of the week when we show everyone what we are working on and it is supposed to be shown as it is, warts and all.

The we all nip over to Julia's at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com where we link in and then visit each other's desks and leave a comment.  All good fun.

For once, my table is relatively tidy, mainly because I have just finished some projects and need to start again with something new.  It is still parchment but using different plates.

After knocking a load of pencils onto the floor, which means trying to beat the dog to them.  So the ones in use are now in the desk storage designed for the Pergamano tools.
A plastic and wooden toast rack makes ideal working storage for the Groovi plates in use and stops the pile cascading onto the floor.

I have spent this last few days playing with the beautiful Queen parchment border grid plates, experimenting to see as many different ways of using them other than purely border plates.

Now, I have another plate, ready to play with, to see what can be done with it.  If you want to see what comes out of it, you will have to look on blogs still to come.

Just as a matter of interest, did anyone notice my mistake on the Christmas card yesterday?  Here is what I showed you yesterday.

Here is what it should have looked like.  Have you got it yet?


Right, I am going to end now and get ready for the gas man to come to service the boiler.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

25 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

You do beautiful parchment work Maggie and if there's a mistake then it's hard to spot. You seem to have linked in an old WOYWW post but I found this byclicking on home. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Claire said...

Hi Maggie, yay no. 1 spot - well done! But your link goes to a rather old post, so you may need to change it :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire, no. 3

Helen said...

hope your boiler service goes ok. I need to book mine I keep forgetting. your link when to a November WOYWW btw. My eyes are feeling cold-fuzzy so I can't see a problem with the card, it looks fab to me. Helen #5

SumBunneh said...

Such a clever way to store things you are currently using.. I really need to do the same with my room!

Beautiful parchment work (as always)

Sumbunneh hugs x
Erika #8

Lisapmac said...

Good morning Maggie, that's a very organised desk, great alternative use of the toast rack. Hope you managed to save all of your pencils, I did laugh at your comment about beating the dog, I have a very cheeky whippet who's a tinker for pinching stuff that isn't his lol x

Lisapmac said...

P's. Lovely Christmas Groovi design, you've missed an area to snip is that the error ?

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Had a chuckle at the gasman clip hadn’t heard it before Maggie and no I can’t see mistakes at all. Flat out seeing my own let alone yours 😊
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #11

Jane said...

Morning Maggie! Your workdesk looks very well organised today! Mine is empty today as I completed what I was doing yesterday and I have put most of my stuff away so I can change the tablecloth I have on....or at least give it a good wipe over! I do like that card you made and yes I spotted the little piece you missed but only when I looked for it after you saying there was a mistake!
Have a good day once the boiler has been done! Hugs xx

Lynne Bishop said...

Hope all is ok with the boiler, think we need a new one this year. Ouch!! Well it took you to say before I saw your mistake. Still a beautiful card. Desk looks organised as well Maggie. X X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the toast rack storage idea! I could do with that to store the cardboard templates that are used frequently...shall have to check out the charity shop in town. Your parchment work is so lovely but I havent' a clue what the 'mistake' was!
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Wow your parchment panel is stunning - what beautiful intricate work. The toast rack is a brilliant idea for storage - it would certainly work with my embossing folders I'm sure.
I hope you have a great week,
Diana x #18

Annie said...

You must have a lot of patience to do parchment....I love the results but never have the time to spend on doing it. Have a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Margaret
Wow your desk looks great compared to mine. I’ve seen your work here and at Evesham. I’m always in awe of your work. Plus you don’t mind me asking daft questions. Such a shame I can’t make this Sat with Hazel. Morning are out and I have no one to pop in and see to my husband. My granddaughter usually comes in but she’s working this weekend. Hope to make the Tuesday though.
Think I need to get a toast rake.

Caro said...

Loving the toast rack idea! The parchment work is stunning. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely week. Love and God Bless, Caro xx (#19)

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, clever idea with the toast rack. Inventive lot, aren't we? You remind me I ned to book our boiler service too. Love the parchment, and was about to say no idea what the mistake is, and I spotted it! I think there is so much beautiful detail that your eye just skips straight past it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

craftyani said...

That parchment work is fab. never tried it myself did you miss the cut out on the right hand side? Have a good week. Craftyani (no post yet)

Christine said...

I have just enjoyed a smashing few mins(maybe more!!) looking back at your posts. What beautiful work!
I did try parching once, having a mental image of producing work like you, needless to say the image slowly disintegrated. lol
Have a good week
Christine #25

Stacy Sheldon said...

your parchment looks beautiful :) tfs! ~Stacy #31

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful parchment, I like it but don't really do much myself. I think the Groovi Plates have been a god send. Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x10x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, I do like your solution for plate storage - it's perfect! Something similar would be just the thing for embossing folders too. The parchment is beautiful, despite the mistake - yes, I've spotted it. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #26

Sue said...

Hi Maggie, Your parchment work is beautiful. I dabble in it, but nothing like you do.

Clever use of the toast rack.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW 502
Sue #9

Neet said...

Such a lovely Parchment card.
Hugs Neet 4 x

Julia Dunnit said...

Hey Maggie, it’s not really a mistake, just a bit that you forgot to take out! Beautiful work as always, I do so admire your patience, let alone your skill. Made me laugh about the dog going for anything that might get dropped - not something i’m Used to at all, but we had my sster’s dog for a week in December and it doesn’t take long to learn! even now when I drop something I find myself rushing to reclaim it! Great to see you on a Weds. sorry it’s actuakly Thursday already, I can’t get a grip of my time/work ratio presently!

Lindart said...

Nope, could not find the mistake! Its funny how when we make a mistake it stands out for us like a sore thumb, but no one else notices! Goes to show we don't need to worry so much about such things! Your Pergamano is beautiful, mistake or not! Have a great week, Lindart #31

Kyla said...


couldn't spot a mistake until i read some of the comments! Lovely parchment either way. Laughed at trying to grab the dropped items before the dog-they can move fast when they think there may be food or new "toys" cant they!! As for the workman song, oh that really does take me back, not heard that for MANY years, brought some great memories back, thanks for sharing.
kyla