Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Sunday 13 January 2019

Three days in a row

This is the third day in a row that I have blogged.  Something of a miracle.  

Most people who are into Groovi will know that Josie Davidson is organising a PTC monthly swap.  What is a PTC, you ask?  Well, it is the parchment version of an Artist Trading Card.  OK, there are loads of you who have never come across an Artist Trading Card (ATC).

 An ATC is a tiny piece of art, a bit like a business card for artists, designed to show off different techniques, but without spending hours on each piece.  They are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches.  There are also Artist Trading Coins now, which are diameter of 2.5 inches.  There are lots of groups who join together and swap their little treasures.

The PTC is the parchment version and are the ideal size to try different designs without stressing over a full size card.  I have finished my offering for this month and it will be in the post today.  The picture on here is a different design, using the Queen Mary plate and one of Josie's PTC plates, which are full of tiny bits that fit well.  It took about an hour and a half from start to finish.  It does not have to contain a lot of perforating and snipping.  It will still be attractive and very welcome as a swap.

This is another PTC I have played with, again a mixture of the Queen plates and the PTC plates.  Both these designs show that you don't have to use the whole of one plate if you don't want to.  You can cherry pick the bits you want.

If you do lots of them, they make brilliant toppers for small cards.  If you were wary of joining in this month, why not join next month's swap?  Have a play over the next few weeks and see how you get on.  It is fun.

You only need to do one each month to join in the swap.

By the way, the piece of black card is covering up a name of someone it is intended for very soon.

9 comments:

Jayne S said...

That’s is lovely Margaret, lucky person who receives this. X

Jane said...

Good morning Maggie! Your PTCs are both lovely. I need to make mine yet for the swap. It's a good job they don't take long to do!
I think once people see the swaps this month it will encourage them to join in with the swap!
Enjoy your day Xxxx

Dawn Sirdefield said...

I wish I had seen this yesterday Maggie. I sat and looked at the Lace plates and for the life of me could not work out how to get it to fit onto such a small space. I now realise I was overthinking it. I shall use it for the next swap. I have made my PTC for this month, just need to finish it off. Thank you for this bit of inspiration. Xxxxx

Lynne Bishop said...

Well done Maggie. Your PTC looks fabulous. I used the lace plates for mine as well. Will be good to see everyone's designs. xx

Chris Kelly said...

You have been busy Maggie. I do enjoy seeing what you do. I like small pieces of art so I look forward to seeing what everyone creates. I am not quite ready to participate yet.X Chis K

Unknown said...

These are super. I love making ATCs and PTCs. The trend seemed to die out a bit, but is back on the up, and I would like to think that the Clarity Community can give it an extra booster shot.

Glynis x

Sue C said...

Thanks for sharing your PTC's & explaining what they are. I need to get my Groovi mojo back after the Christmas break & my cold this week. I have enjoyed reading your blog this last 3 days,

pearl dalley said...

Lovely as usual Maggie so talented x

Rockin' Robin said...

Such a lovely little card ... and I have joined hoping it will help me with my MOJO !!!