Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 24 January 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground 108

 Three Snippets cards this week.  The first is another one with silver birch bark and that heart die.  The silver birch is mounted on red glitter card.  I had to scrape some of the glitter off to get the bark to stick.  The spine is just a snippet of sentiment type gold paper to match into the gold mirri card under the red glitter card.


The second card goes back to some toppers I made ages ago after a trip to the NEC.  The toppers had been stuck in a box since then.  I still love using acetate.  With this card, it was a print out onto the rough side of the acetate, and then colouring in, again on the rough side, with my Sakura pens.  Then it was mounted on black card and then onto white glitter card.  I was lucky to have a pearlescent card to match the rose.
The snippets on this third card were a set of sparkly motifs that came with a kit I bought so long ago.  It looked like a good kit, but, as I have said before, I have found that there are bits that it is hard to find a use for.  These embellishments are something that annoyed me and defeated me for too long.  It came down to a choice of throwing them away, giving them away for someone else to struggle with, or just sticking them on a card and be done with it. Hence this card.

I hope that by next week, I will have found a load of other snippets to get rid of in some way.  If you want to get rid of your snippets in a constructive way, then go and have a look in the Playground to be found at Pixie's Snippets Playground and see what others are doing with their odds and ends.  If nothing else, you will have a good time on the swings or in the Wendy house and a giggle with other friends.

7 comments:

okienurse said...

Nice cards. Sounds like a lot of fun to get rid of snippets. Vickie aka Okienurse.

Di said...

Yikes, just took me 30 minutes to try and sort out the links. NOT your fault, it's Mr Linky playing up! Please check them Maggie - off to bed and will be commenting properly tomorrow morning :)

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Hey Maggie. I saw your heart card at the Snippets Playground, and didn't realize it was a 2nd one using the birch. Wow! So very pretty. I'm enjoying seeing what you are creating with this birch wood. As you know, I'm always awed by your acetate work, and your beautiful rose is wonderful. And for what it's worth, #3 was a winner in my book too! It makes me think of very delicate cross-stitch. Very pretty on the white & liked that you trimmed all the corners too. Glad to see you got some snippets out of the house! TFS, Happy weekend, and Hugs. What fun, blog candy!

Di said...

Three great snippets cards Maggie, amazing how well the middle one worked out so right with the matching card isn't it.

thanks for playing - hope you brought your wellies as it's like a swmp out there right now!

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Can I just say that it was not me that jabbed the pogo stick through the wendy house roof and let the water in!! I was playing nicely. Anyways these cards are all super and I especially like the last one that you threw together!! hugs Mrs A.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, I completely agree about the need to keep the stamp catalogue up to date. I always do this sorting with the very best of intentions of doing just that, but it always falls by the wayside. I know for a fact I have a number purchased over the last few months that have been filed but not recorded.As you say, then you get a huge backlog, and in 6 months time open a folder/box and think, I forgot I had that. Or even worse, buy it again! Speak soon, Love Shaz xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah wonderful to see some cars made dear Maggie lovely indeed!!
..my fav. is last one.. and yes re the catalogue have pile to one side of my desk of ones to catalogue either missed them when did it about six months ago or arrived chez moi since then, Shaz in oz.x