|Barbara Gray - Flower stamp|
|Four different techniques|
From left to right, the first was a new set from Barbara Gray (Clarity Stamps). I stamped the main image with vintage photo distress ink, then stamped it again on to a large post it note. This I used as a mask, first to mask the whole thing apart from the circle in the middle, which allowed me to use two of the smaller stamps in the set to create the design in the O. Then I removed that mask, put the O back in position and used my brayer and Cloudy Blue and Juniper to give a soft colour in the background of the main part of the card. I used my precious Derwent water colour pencils to colour in the flowers in the centre. The 65 was done by writing the numbers with a Quickie glue pen, allowing it to dry for about 12 hours, and then rubbing Martha Stewart glitter into it, and brushing the excess off with a soft paint brush. After matting and layering, I edged the whole card with gold Krylon.
|Embroidery design - printed and water coloured|
|Barbara Gray - feather stamp|
|Home printed disc faces|
|Seriously messy desk|
This is my desk on Tuesday night while I am still in the middle of a Diamond Wedding card (hidden under the glitters to weight the glue down to make it stick. Hopefully it will be stuck and dry by the morning. Even my cup is messy, well empty anyway, and it has been there for at least two days.
|One of our goldfinches eating the niger seed|
I hope you enjoyed a wander round my messy home, and now perhaps you would like to visit more beautiful desks by going to Julia's blog at
PS Sorry I did not manage to get round to everyone this week. I did try, honest, but other things do keep getting in the way, and I like to read what everyone has said properly and give a good comment. If I missed you this week, I hope I will get to you this time round. By the way, there may be a PPS if the Diamond Wedding card finally gets its glue properly set and ready to go. Watch this space.