Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 11 March 2011

Rosie

Just back from meeting our latest grandaughter, Rosie, this afternoon.  She is lovely, and her big sister, Charlotte,  is fascinated with her.  In the second and third photos, she is wrapped in the new shawl.  I am so glad it can be used now.

I was finishing the card before breakfast this morning so that the glue holding the ribbon and bow had time to harden and hold.  I was also pressing the shawl, and sewing in three more ends I had not seen before.

Having finished that big project, it is time to find the box of threads and get busy finishing off the unicorn cross stitch.  That has been going even longer than the shawl.   Watch this space for progress.

6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Welcome Rosie. Pleased to meet you. You look very snug in the shawl Granma made for you.
xxxMrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Maggie that thrills my socks off to see the fluffy little back top of hair all snuggled up up in your shawl, may our dear LORD watch over and and keep her all the days of her little life.
love Shaz in Oz.x
PS glad then, Maggie, that I mentioned word verification did not know you did not know!!
aha... trusted I could say it without offending you, and was right.. your have been a faithful friend - you were follower number 4 a while back now and so blessed to have met you through Eileen's blog. x

Marjo said...

Oh, how sweet, Congrats!!! She's a little cutie!

Hugs, Marjo

She Who Doodles said...

beautiful shawl and a precious new granddaughter. congratulations grandma. thank you for the tip and how to ink the bigger stamps. a big help.

Clare said...

Congratulations Maggie! What a Perfect wee bundle of Cuteness, Lucky YOU! Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog!!! Off to see your workdesk!!

shazsilverwolf said...

Congratulations Marg(and Geoff!)She really does have a mass of hair, doesn't she. She definitely models your shawl to perfection :).
Love to all of you Shaz (and Doug).
P.S.I do agree with Shaz in Oz about the word verification- I think it adds a lot of time to WOYWW! I never enabled it on mine, and I have never had a spam comment.