Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

WOYWW 294

Thank you for coming to visit today.  As most of you know, Wednesday is the day of our weekly blog hop, courtesy of the wonderful Julia at Stamping Ground, who is our friendly host for the day.  It is the day when we all show what we have on our desks, tidy or not.  Hence the mess you see before you here.
I have been playing with Brushos this week and what you see here is part of the results of that inky fun.  The fairy background is just a piece of watercolour paper, which I had used to mop up the left over paint on the mat at a workshop.  I like to collect pieces like this as they often produce interesting backgrounds for use later.  Now I have to find the right backing to finish it off.


I have also been playing with the new canvas boards from Clarity, and finally finished one reasonably successfully.  However, I am holding that one back for the moment, as I need it for the #ArtChain which is running on Facebook at the moment, so it will appear later this week.

I am keeping things short and sweet this week.  I hope you are not all snowed in, but take care on the icy roads out there at the moment.  Stay warm and safe, all of you, and now it is time you went back or over to Julia's to see some of the other desks on show.

24 comments:

MrsC.x said...

love the pretty fairy silhouette

Happy WOYWW
love Mrs C.xx #29

http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/woyww-january-21st-2014.html

Anne said...

Hello Maggie. Yours is second reference to Brushos I've read thisprning. I know nothing about them but like the effect you have created and agree about 'mop up' pieces. Anne x #37

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Maggie really blogger is funny sometimes - your dialog box came up but totally blank so went to anther blog (Shaz's) then came back.
Mm love those brushos totally the rage at the moment! love the effect with the stamping on it.. brilliant colours!!
...happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x #38

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

Queenie Jeannie said...

Really loving your inky projects! I have tried it and mine never come out looking very good. Oh well, perhaps some day!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #14

sandra de said...

Wow, it looks like you are having a great time with your Brushos. The effects look very eye catching. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @43

Anonymous said...

what to ask about first!? Brushos? Art Chain? canvas boards? I got a couple of A4 canvas sketch pads from Lidl for like £4 but not even opened them yet....nice to see you both acquire AND use. You have me beat! LOL.
Have a Happy WOYWW day!
Mary Anne (6)

House of Bears said...

I like the idea of saving the background papers, I tend to put mine in a folder and forget all about them!

Horace @ no. 45

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Interesting results with Brusho. Never tried it myself! Love those backgrounds and the fairy image is so cute! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinky Doodle #52

CraftygasheadZo said...

Looks like you're having fun, those backgrounds are fab! Hope you're well. Take care Zo xx 32

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Maggie, hope you are well. Someone told me brushos were very good about 5 years ago but I've been hearing a lot about them lately - funny how things go in and out of popularity. The background with the fairy looks great. No snow here but still staying indoors whenever I can - the only good thing about the winter is that its a good excuse to stay inside!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #50

Marit said...

Such wonderful background paper you created just brushing your leftover ink... I'm intrigued by those 'waterdrops' - the one paper that's peeping out from the stack of papers. Lovely! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #51

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, its often a surprise what great backgrounds you can get by accident I agree. Haven't broken out my Brushos yet, thats on the to-do list! Have a great week, Love, Shaz #17 xx

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

I too love to use the extra paint backgrounds. I usually tear them up for collage. I like the fairy on yours :) Shel#71

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So many folks are talking about Brushos lately. I'm going to keep on pretending that they don't exist though. hee hee. Lovely backgrounds! You are right that you never know how the scrap/mop up piece will turn out but more often than not it is a keeper! Judy #76

Helen said...

Good to see your fabulous brusho backgrounds! they are such fun aren't they. I need time to play more with mine. Happy WOYWW Helen 5

Anonymous said...

Keep reading about people using brushos but yet to get any myself. Think I need to do more with my aquatints before I buy new stuff... But your lovely pics make me want them that's for sure!
Thanks for sharing!
Catiecuddles #86

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Maggie - the Brushos look like lots of fun and sure do make lovely backgrounds - sometimes you don't want to cover them up so the silhouette stamping is a great idea. Have fun Cheers RobynO#42

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hi again! The Turkish Apple tea is an instant tea from Whittard's. You can find it in a shop if you have one near you, or you can order it online. Hope you try it because it's FAB!!

Beverley Baird said...

What fun it is to play with new materials. Love the backgrounds you created.

Eliza said...

Maggie,

I think we would be even when it comes to a messy desk this week. Love what you are creating. I have not seen the brusho's here in Australia yet, I really should try and get some OS.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 35
Happy WOYWW

okienurse said...

I don't know what Brusho's are so I am going to go web search! Love your colorful projects! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #33

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seems that being #1 this week would get me here earlier, but sadly, I'm running far behind. It's been SO long since I visited, and I feel bad about that.

I wish Brushos would make it to the US, but for now, they seem to be a UK thing. Love what you are doing with them, though.

Happy very belated WOYWW from #1.

Julia Dunnit said...

The fairy on the background is a triumph Margaret, I love it. Very forward thinking to keep the scrappy backgrounds I must say.

Mrs A. said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your fairy and her background. I'm off t another Lavinia stamp class this week. doing spring scenes this time. Hugs Mrs A.