Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 17 January 2015

Lovely design from Pink Tulip Creations

This is my second post of the evening so I hope you will forgive me for that.


Pink Tulip Creations is an excellent craft shop very local to where I live and with a good class area.  I started going down there not long before Christmas and they are so welcoming and with a lovely group of ladies each week.

This week's card was designed by Angela Crompton.  Her original design included a sentiment at the bottom.  However, I thought I would like to actually frame and hang this one, so I left the sentiment out.  This actually led me to do some more character building, as Maria Simms would tell me, as I had to emboss and cut extra leaves.

The colours on the base card were a random mix of Picked Raspberry (or Pickled Raspberry as everyone, including me, tries to say), Wild Honey, and a green, which I cannot remember and the dog has eaten the paper.  The leaves and the fantastic drops are, of course, from Ryn, which Pink Tulip sell.  The script in the background is a Clarity stamp, part of the Journalling set.

After I had finished, I felt that I needed more darkness around the edges, and there ws still a lot of Aged Mahoghany on the brush from the previous day, and I think that was just enough to finish it off.  After removing a little ink with a mister and kitchen roll, I decided I had gone a little too far, so brushed a little more Picked Raspberry into the paler areas.

The leaves were stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold detail, and then coloured with Distress markers matching the base colours.  Then they were shaped and fixed in place with Pinflair Glue Gel to keep their raised shape.

Now I just need to find a frame and a suitable mount to fit this, and I will hang it.

I did say I would show you my first attempts with the Brushos today, but I reckon that three posts in one day is a little too much so I will write it now and post it tomorrow.


1 comment:

Theresa said...

very arty make Maggie. might pinch your idea if that's ok. would work nicely on a canvas i reckon too, hugs xx