Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 17 January 2015

Maria's card number 4 from Shrewsbury

If you read my previous post from Monday 12th January, you may have seen that I completely messed up the final card of Maria Simms' Workshop at Shrewsbury, with rather a lot of ink in the wrong place.  There was no time to start right from the start that day, so I just photographed what I should have done and packed up for the day.

Maria's intention was that the topper should be on an angle, and I am in the middle of redoing this design as originally intended.  However, I had to cut so much away that it did not look right that way.  So I went for more character building and spent a lot of time cutting the whole thing out, going round all the leaves and acorns.

Before sticking it down on the Gelli card, I realised that the whiteness of that card needed toning down a touch, so I just brushed lightly with what was left on my brush of Wild Honey.  I also put post it notes round the edges and sponged a border of Aged Mahoghany, before sticking the whole card together.

All the stamps are from Clarity and I love that ribbon Thank You, with all its alternative reasons for the thanks.

I hope you like what I have done with this one, Maria, after making such a mess to begin with. 



No comments: