Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Monday 7 April 2014

Remember the good times and don't be afraid to talk about them

Some of you may remember this poem and the words that follow it.  They formed part of the service at the Crematorium.  Twelve months on, they are just as true and just as important to me.

Feel no guilt in laughter, Geoff knows how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that Geoff is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; Geoff would not want you to.
 He’d hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So, talk about the good times and the way you showed you care,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared. 
Let memories surround you, a word someone would may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour, a day,
That brings Geoff back as clearly as though he were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that Geoff is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And Geoff will live forever locked safely within your heart.
Never be afraid to mention Geoff, to enjoy memories of things that happened when he was with us.  Yes, there may be tears, but that is normal.  Don't worry about it.
Take time throughout your life to laugh and make good memories. In the end, they are what hold you
together in the bad times.
My wonderful husband died suddenly and far too soon, and my happy memories and all the wonderful tributes from everyone and your memories you have shared with us are a great comfort.
I am lucky to have incredible children and friends and we are getting through. Do all you can to fill your lives with joy from the simple things of life.
Don't waste time arguing about the totally pointless things in life.  Treat every moment as if it were the last.  If anyone tries to put you down or upset you, remember that they are not as lucky as you.

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I can't believe a year has gone by since Geoff died....sending you bigs hugs, Maggie.
It's so important to keep talking about people who were important to us. Even if you don't know what to say, say that instead of staying quiet.
He would be so proud of how you've coped this past year.
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photo of Geoff, Maggie, and the poem is wonderful. I wish I read it when my mother died 10 years ago ... I still remember the feeling of guilt I experienced the first time I laughed out loud after losing her, and the surprise that I could because I seriously thought I'd never laugh again. I still miss her all these years later but now I can get at lot of pleasure remembering her and chuckling at a memory of times we shared. I'm sure today is going to be a day of mixed emotions for you but you will get through it with the help of your wonderful family and friends. Take care. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, thats a beautiful post. I know we remember him fondly, and always will.That picture sums up exactly how we remember him- always smiling!I completely agree with your sentiments- we keep people alive in our hearts by honouring their memory, not by avoiding the mention of them. Lots of love and hugs,
Shaz xxx

Linda Simpson said...

A very poignant post Maggie and thank you for sharing.
Sending you my love and hugs
Linda xxx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Such lovely words and so true. Big Hugs xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wonderful wonderful post, Maggie.. and great image at top and words below.. how much comfort your memories and your family are.. and loved the comments up above too .. God bless you every day, dear Maggie, hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Di said...

What a beautiful tribute to Geoff, Maggie, and such a lovely photo too. He would be so proud of how much you've achieved this last year.

I don't know how this post slipped past me, I know I'm following you.

Sending love and hugs

Di
xx

Darnell said...

I so love this photo of Geoff, Maggie, and your words are so thoughtful and well-written. That verse is true and beautiful. If only we really could live as if each moment were our last. Take care. Hugs, Darnell

Lisapmac said...

How lovely xxx