Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 20 April 2012

Less is More - Doodling

I nearly didn't enter this card for this week's Less is More Challenge, which is Doodling.  Looking down the other entries to date, I was so impressed with the wonderful work already posted, this card nearly ended up in the bin.  Everyone is so talented.  However, as you can see, I persisted and finished the card, and I am not too displeased with the result.

The outline of the sentiment is printed from the computer  (my writing is far too erratic to use) and then coloured in with Promarkers.  The outline of the vase and flowers are from Clarity Stamps Versatile Vase Kit.  I did go over the outline with my fine line black Staedtler pen.  I had done a test card on copy paper and found that the black of my stamp and the black of my pen were not quite the same.  I had forgotten that black has a huge number of variants, so I just went over the stamp to sort that out.  The flowers are just simply coloured with my Promarkers.

The vase itself is my first real attempt at Zentangle, and I did enjoy trying it out.  I tried to choose designs that would emphasise the roundness of the vase shape.  I think that one of the crafty things I shall take away on holiday this year will be a pad of paper and a thin black pen. so I can play in any free moment I have.

I shall do my best to get round as many of the other entries as possible this week (what I have seen so far, they are truly impressive), but please excuse me if I don't make it to everyone.  Things like gardening and visiting friends is starting to nibble away at my crafting time, and I have a lot of cards to complete before the end of the month too.  However, I do promise to visit anyone who visits me and leaves a comment.

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Maggie :-) the vase is stunning ! fabulous doodling ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Karen said...

A lovely card Maggie, I love all the intricate detail on the vase, its beautiful :)

Hugs, Karen xxx

Susan said...

I think this turned out great! I love your doodles on the vase!!

Eliza said...

Maggie, you have created a really nice card, be proud.

Eliza #103

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie,I'm loving the Zentangle on this card well done. Sorry I have not been around but I am feeling much better now and am back viewing everyone’s creations. I love what you have been creating lately , fantastic work
well done Hugs Elaine

Chrissie said...

Your doodling looks fab Maggie!
It's a great vase!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shoshi said...

Lovely zentangle, Maggie! I do agree about choosing the right patterns for the shape you are filling.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and I'm glad you like my zentangling too!

Shoshi

Bernie said...

Gorgeous card Maggie! So glad it didn't end up in the bin. Your Zentangle is fabulous! I know what you mean my garden had been nibbling away at my crafting time as well.
Hugs

Linda Simpson said...

This is lovely Maggie! I am loving the doodling on the vase it looks fabulous!

Hugs
Linda xxx