Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 31 March 2012

Pixie's Snippets Challenge 14

All my snippets for Pixie's playground this week are Christmas ones, mainly because I got a bit carried away with the Rudolph Challenge earlier in the week.  These are some I did not put in for that.

This first one is another of my stained glass type, overlaying the printed image with the reversed image on acetate, which intensifies the colours.  Rather than adding a straightforward sentiment, i put the border with the bow on straight across the bottom.  That is from a batch of peeloffs i bought a couple of years ago.  The main image is from a My Craft Studio CD and is one I started when I was doing samples for them a couple of years ago.

This is another My Craft Studio image from the same image.  The original I made for them was actually a shaker card, but I had several versions of the image printed out and never finished.  I edged both the main image and the backing paper with Krylon silver before putting them onto the black card.  I was a bit annoyed when I trimmed the corners of the black card to match the rounded corners of the topper.  The guide on my Fiskars shaped scissors snapped straight off - how cross making!  Makes it an expensive snippet card.  The sentiment and the little dots are just from a peeloff sheet.

This one is a Clarity Stamped image, coloured over with a copper Sakura pen.  I edged it with a copper Krylon pen, mounted it onto brown pearlescent.  Then I found a roll of bow making ribbon which had not been put away so it was right in front of me.  It had a strip of just the right coppery colour running through it.  I just removed the pull up strip and tied a simple bow.  I would have preferred a slightly thinner ribbon, but beggars can't be choosers, so what I had was what I used.


 These last two are recycled cards from previous years.  The snow scene appeared in several cards that year, in different sizes, so if you have seen this image before, it is not actually this card. 

The second one was a bit of a fiddle to cut out, but I did nothing else with it.  The sentiment was already printed on the topper, so all that was needed was to glue it to the cardstock.

Right, folks, I am off now to make the bread for tea, otherwise we shall have nothing to eat.  I need my sandwiches to eat in the playground.  There may be cheese scones on offer too .............  See you by the swings.

8 comments:

May said...

O I would not mind a wee cheese scone Maggie yummy!!! Well what can I say these cards are Fabulous, the first card, is Jaw dropping beauty Perfect!!!!! I enlarged it 3 times as its sooooo beautiful, Fabulous work... the others are beautiful Maggie really lovely.. But that first one is just AMAZING!! you clever girl, Hugs May x x x x

An Occasional Genius said...

These are all fab Maggie! I love your recycling efforts too & I'm so pleased to see you're still doing well with the UIU. Save me a cheese scone, yummmy!

Hugs xx

Mrs A. said...

Great selection of cards. won't touch them though just in case I get butter on them from the cheese scones. Mmmmmmmm!. Delicious. what cheese did you use. hugs Mrs A.

Karen said...

Great selection of cards Maggie, they are all lovely. Have a great Sunday, Luv Karen xxx

Debbie Rock said...

Super cards as always Maggie! I didn't make it to the playground this time but I did have fun making my patchwork cards (at least I think cutting and sticking 93 little squares of paper was fun!!!) and I did enjoy messing around with the Titanic tags and today I fully plan on making some really involved and complicated cards for the four nephews birthdays ... BUT they require forethought and planning so might do housework instead!
SO sorry I haven't got back to you before now ... it was one of "those" weeks :( Love Debbie xXx

Linda Simpson said...

Good morning Maggie, love the stained glass card it is gorgeous. A fabulous way to recycle your old cards. I hope you enjoyed the swings too ;)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Emma Williams said...

Oh Maggie, these are fabulous cards...each and every single one so them. Of course, I do have a soft spot for the Clarity ones but there again, I am biased!! :)

Thank you for your lovely comment over on my blog...I'm glad that I won't bore you with all the artwork that I'll be showing you this week!! lol.
Hope you are well and take care, my friend!
Love Emma xx

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Maggie well done Hugs Elaine