I am still playing with this Northern Lights technique I learned from Shaz Silverwolf, and still having fun with it. Like Shaz, I am trying different colours, different ink pads and paint, and different card.
The jury is still out on this one. For me the lines are too strong and won't really tone down to what I like. I think it is a fault with my working, not with the tools. I was using smooth white card (Clarity Gelli card), which obviously absorbed more ink than the coated card. The inks in this one were Distress inkpads. I am going to trim this one down and see whether that makes me feel happier.
This is back to the coated card again, which I think is better as it can be polished just before you add the stars. This may not be quite right as an Aurora, but I like the colours and the shading among the trees is just right for me. It seems to glow.
However, I think this last one is my favourite so far. I used black Clarity coated card and some new paints that had just arrived that day. They are the Imagination Silkies which I brushed on very randomly. They are pearlescent paints and don't polish very well, but the pearlescence means that does not really matter.
I did find one medium that really did not work and that is glitter paste. That just made a nasty mess used in this way.