Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Monday 29 April 2019

Monday for Mindfulness

We all need to take time in our busy world to breathe and think about what we want out of life.  Not even to really think but to let our thoughts wander without direction.

Please turn on your sound before watching this.


It is a video from YouTube but I cannot find who to acknowledge, but whoever it is, I am grateful to them.

My favourite place would be on this rock, just sitting and letting the sounds and rhythms of the waves wash through my brain.  It is just so calming and relaxing, and brings my breathing and heartbeat right down. 

I think I find it so relaxing because it is something I cannot control in any way, so I can just sit back and let it do its thing.  At the same time, it washes problems away with every wave.

There is an advert on TV right now asking us to do nothing for 30 seconds, showing a video of rain falling on leaves.  Again, a very relaxing image and sounds to me.  Doing absolutely nothing in a beautiful place is very good for us.

Where would you go to just do nothing and relax?  We live in a very stressful world now, fast paced and relentless.  We all need to programme into our lives some regular time to do absolutely nothing.  It is not a waste of time, but instead can be so good for our mental and physical health.  If you have a special place to go or a special way to relax, please share it with others, and make sure you have that time to do absolutely nothing every single day.

2 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I really used to enjoy sitting on the front of the family canal boat as a child watching the water go by.

Dawn Sirdefield said...

My place of choice would be the harbour wall at Mevagissey, just watching the comings and goings of harbour life - bag of fish and chips would finish itboff nicely too. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜