Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 22 February 2019

It's Friday, the day to finish things off!

I am following Maria Moorhouse's example, to use Friday to finish off a few projects.  Quite apt this week, as most of today's projects come from Maria's classes at Tuesday's Groovi classes.  Two of the projects could have been finished on the day, but I chose to take the time to improve the embossing, and to snip round the outside.

Card One

This is not the best of photos but Maria's design was great, using just one small section from one of Josie Davidson's plates and the foliage from another.  The main thing was to set things out properly and to learn to look at plates in a different way to see what can be used in a different format. 

Maria reminded of us about how good the Dorso crayons are and how to use them, and blend them with the Dorso Oil.

I used one of the designer papers to back the parchment, and the same paper to add a matching insert.

Card Two
This was the second design, using the same plates, but in a different way, with the addition of the butterflies.  I chose a different verse from the internet which is "Butterflies ---- flowers that fly and all but sing".  It is hard to read on the photo.  I really need to find out why all the photos on this kindle are so poor.  The butterflies are coloured with the Perga Colours Exclusives, and then snipped to release the wings, but hold the body within the parchment.

The third design is still a piece in progress, with a lot more embossing to do, not to mention the self-inflicted torture of stippling the border, not my favourite technique, but I chose to do it, so I can't complain too much.  I will post the results when it is finished.

Meanwhile, happy Friday, and why not post pictures of anything you are finishing today.

2 comments:

Lynne Bishop said...

Well done Maggie getting them finished. They look great. i have not bought the PTC plates but think I might do. x

Dora said...

Gorgeous cards. So soft of colours. Beautiful