Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW 180

One hundred and eighty!

That is quite an achievement.  Congratulations to everyone and a very big thank you to Julia, who started it all. 

I have just had a horrible shock.  It is not Monday, as I had thought, but Tuesday (this post will be a scheduled one as I may not be around tomorrow).  Where has this week vanished to and I have done nothing on my desk at all.   In fact, the only craft thing I have done this week is to make the Christmas cake, which is now sitting in the kitchen waiting for its daily dose of brandy.  then two weeks before Christmas, it will get marzipaned, with home made marzipan, and then royal iced.

This first picture is not, strictly speaking, on my desk, although the camera that took it is.  However, I reckon that a project using it will soon be here.  These leaves taken on telephoto will make a brilliant Autumn background, and I love the way the sun just glows through them.
Now we get to the nitty gritty mess that is my desk this week.  I am not sure what has happened but I have done nothing in here for a whole week, not through lack of mojo or from lack of things that need to be done, but other things just seem to have got in the way.  so all I have to show you is my babywipe box, two bottles of nail varnish remover (for craft purposes), some papers hurled in the general direction of a spare bit of space, my heat resist mat rolled back out of harm's way, and whatever is on the shelves behind.  Not exactly inspiring.

Now we come to the unit on the other side of the room, very cluttered - files of peel offs, reference books and things, that have no other home, just shoved in the middle.  The filing boxes underneath now actually contain what their labels say they do, which is a novelty.  I still cannot find my foil or the large roll of bin bags, but never mind - they will turn up some day.
This last unit, a Really Useful drawer unit, has now been moved to within reach of my desk, and contains things like my Promarkers, Aquamarker, and Sakura pens among other things - the stuff that I use almost daily.  The cupboard underneath which is mostly out of sight has the rest of my colouring stuff, apart from the boxes of Derwent Pencils which won't fit there.  Also peeping out here is a roll of cling film, a roll of baking parchment and a roll of kitchen foil.  If you look hard enough, you will also see my old red Sissix, and the green Cuttlebug on top of that.
Apart from the shock of finding out I had lost a day completely already this week, it has been a bad day on the technology front.  My computer flatly refused to talk to the network or to the internet, no matter what I did.  Then I realised it was the 13th of the month.  Perhaps, I should not have bothered at all, and just stayed in bed.  A lot of work later and sorting out the network, I am back on line. Normally, I work up here in the afternoon, but I think I am going to have to change and do it in the morning to get everything done this weeek - two DT projects needed, homework for Clarity Classroom, and this month's Clarity Clallenge.  then I just have to persuade my printer that it can work with the refillable inks so that I can do the inserts for the Christmas cards.  Not a lot to do then!

I am off now to schedule this post and get ready for our visitors who I thought would be here tomorrow..  If you have read this far, sorry for going on a bit, but I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy all the other desks on show over at Stamping Ground with Julia.  Please leave me a comment, I love reading them, and I will come to visit you in return.

17 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Oh I have lost a day or two, here and there. I sort of figure that they are lurking somewhere and I will gain them back at some unexpected moment. I am ready for that to happen LOL Lovely organized space.. Sandi #29

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Oh Maggie I hope to catch up with your days soon

jacqui x

okienurse said...

some days I feel like that...I should have just stayed in bed! the weather has been so cool the past few days I haven't felt like getting out of bed anyway. Love all the storage. I like the that drawer unit!. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #63

Angela Toucan said...

lovely sheving.
I got messed up with the days too.

can we see the cake when you've finished it?

Helen said...

I hate losing days like that! Hope you are having a great time with your visitors. Thanks for the tour of your room. Helen, 3

KatzElbows said...

Of course you should have stayed in bed. If that's one of the options, that's always the one to pick! I can't tell you how impressed I am that your drawer contents match the labels. I don't think I've ever managed that!

Happy WOYWW,
rachel #52

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious leaves (and I love your header), and I have to say it all looks pretty organised to me in your craft space! Hope your technology problems are all in the past... Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#4

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie - I really wish my family including me loved Christmas cake - I love all that goes into making one - it is a real herald to the festive season - love the yummy smells and the look of a beautifully decorated cake but just couldn't eat it! If you are giving yours a drink every day it will be smelling divine when you cut into it. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 30

Caro said...

I love how your markers etc are organised...I need another drawer unit for that, but sadly don't have the space. The photo of the leaves is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Caro #89

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Dear! Hope your visitors didn't notice that you weren't really expecting them just yet! Thanks for the look around, Chris

SandeeNC said...

Well, I hope that you have fun with your guests, that you get your projects done and that technology cooperates with you! whew, tired just writing all that! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Nan G said...

What a beautiful pic of fall leaves! This will make a gorgeous background. Love your little drawer set up next to your desk. Thanks for sharing today. happy WOYWW! Nan 103

Annie said...

I can smell that Christmas cake from here :-) yum yum
Hugs,
A x #74

Laurart said...

I love your workdesk! I love the organization - I am going to lookout for one of those drawers! Happy WOYWW x Laura #116

MiniOwner said...

Don't you just hate it when a day goes missing!? That may be why I'm visiting on Thursday this week! LOL Those beautiful leaves will make a gorgeous autumn background. Love your RUB cabinet. Happy Wednesday. LOL
Sue x (MiniOwner@85)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Maggie, I tam wondering if blogger is eating your comments or have you not been able to be online to authorise them?
As cannot believe you have none. I did enjoy the peruse around your space and yes it is weird how things disappear totally of their own volition have the same problem here too! :D
Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #10

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, love the photo of the autumn foliage - just beautiful and proving that most of what nature produces is far better than anything we mere mortals can do. Your boxes are looking well organised and I like your really useful drawer storage too. Hope your connection problems are now in the past and all is going well for you. Elizabeth x #43

PS: many thanks for the pdf document ... I've even passed a printout to an acquaintance who is experiencing the nuisance calls.