Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 5 October 2016

WOYWW 383 - Where has this year vanished to?

It feels like only yesterday that I was booking my trips down to Kent for the Clarity Open Days and the Retreats.  Now it seems so long since those events took place.  No wonder that I cannot keep track of Wednesdays.  If you are wondering why I should be worried about Wednesdays out of all the days of the week, I recommend that you pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground where it will all become clear.

My desk/table this week is remarkably tidy in comparison to its normal chaos.  In fact the whole room is gradually improving as I sort things out and tidy things into a permanent home.

The big pile of envelopes contains around a third of my Christmas cards.  The rest are finished, but this batch just needs me to guillotine the inserts and stick them into place.  Just to the left of those is another smaller pile which are the original paintings I did, after working through Matthew Palmer's free workshop on Hochanda.  I did eighteen originals and then chose five to scan and print for my Christmas card toppers.  


The mound of pink in the centre of the table is destined to be a crocheted shawl for my youngest granddaughter.   I am also knitting her a scarf in the same yarn, in a fisherman's rib pattern which is so soft and warm.  It comes out as two layers which traps warmth and is really cosy.  I have already completed the set in a different colour for her sister.


The shawl was a problem as I have lost the original pattern so I had to excavate my old one and work it out as I went along, but it seems to have worked out and grows so fast.

Julia does like us to keep our posts short so I must stop rambling on and suggest you head back to Stamping Ground to meet up with lots of other crafters and see what they have been up to.  Have a great week, everyone.

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the look of that shawl.. Such a pretty pattern. Happy WOYWW Sarah #31

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, the shawl & scarf sound like a great idea for the winter. It's going to feel odd this year not panicking about Christmas cards at the last minute! Lots of Love, Shaz xxx

BJ said...

Super crochet, BJ#37

buterfliecrafter said...

Love all the pink, bet your granddaughter is going to be over the moon with it. Happy WOYWW, Vicky #16

Unknown said...

There is a lot of crochet going on this week. Love that pink! Happy Wednesday...Sandy Leigh #40

Sharon said...

The shawl looks wonderful. Such a pretty colour!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

okienurse said...

Love the shawl and the hat will be nice for winter. I live by them even though it doesn't get that cold here…it might especially while I am out and about. I haven't even started my cards but from what I have been reading here I need to! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #1

Julia Dunnit said...

I see no ramblings, all your words are pertinent to the pics! shawls and wraps are very en fugue this year, you are spot on!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You've had a busy year, haven't you? Well done on getting your cards all done and organised, that's a real pressure taken off. I do love your crochet, what a great prezzy for your GD! Hope you are keeping well,
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

CraftyHope said...

Such an array of projects! That shawl looks like it's going to be amazingly cozy!! And that stack of Christmas cards is intimidating. I've never been one to send out Christmas cards, but am definitely starting to rethink that because who doesn't like to receive some REAL mail instead of bill or ads? And, I would really like to bring that joy to my friends and family. Now to see if I actually have addresses. Ha! I appreciate the inspiration.
Hope #36