Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 23 January 2019

WOYWW - 503. Getting ready for my next project.

Well, Wednesday has galloped round again, just as fast as every other Wednesday.  This is the day when lots of us show what we have on our desks, having linked up with everyone else at Stamping Ground where Julia is our hostess.


I have just finished my last Groovi project, which I blogged in previous posts for those who are interested.  So I am getting ready for a couple of new projects, both of which involve following programmes on Hochanda.  Both also involve purchasing the relevant kits to use, which are what you see on my table.


The first one to be used will be the painting of the daffodils with Matthew Palmer, which is this coming Friday.  The kits are £5 each and have everything needed.  Every penny of that £5 is being donated by Hochanda to Marie Curie.  Matthew will have two pupils in the studio, Penny Smith and Jenny Eclair.  I will show you my results from this after the event.


The big box is for the very first masterclass on Hochanda.  There will be classes by several different and varied crafters, but this first one is with Barbara Gray and takes the same design in four different forms to teach lots of different skills.

In the meantime, I am busy knitting away, to finish a gilet, the wool for which I bought at the NEC about three years ago.  I am trying to finish some of my UFOs this year, of which there are a lot and this is just one.  I have cards, paintings, cross stitches, embroidery and knitting, to name just a few.

If you want to see what everyone is up to,  just wander along to Julia's blog at Stamping Ground where you will be able to see everyone else's desks.  Have a lovely day.

19 comments:

Lynne Bishop said...

Well done Maggie on finishing your UFO's. It is something I try to do but then create more. Nice to have variety though. You look well prepared for the classes. X

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Warm wishes, I really love the box of new "Heart" dies/stencils etc. My favorite shape. Have fun finishing up the stitching projects. I have a few by my chair hoping to finish up soon. Enjoy a happy WOYWW

glitterandglue said...

Morning Maggie. What a lovely idea from Marie Curie. I hope you really enjoy doing the class on the day. I remember some (er... quite a number!!) years back Marie Curie asked folks to hand make cards to a certain size, put them in the bags provided and then send them for sale in the shops around Britain. They did it for several years - I always enjoyed that.
A master class with Barbara Grey - that sounds fun, too - have a great, if busy, time with it.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Sue C said...

As you say its Wednesday again, can't believe we are nearly into the last week of January already !! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with the craft along classes, will put them on to record. I am also knitting, trying to use up my stash of wool as my vow to do this before buying more stash unless of course it is essential !! I now have nearly finished my 4th item ready for the end of the year, not that I am wishing the year away but trying to be organised. By the way Maggie you are on the list twice for WOYWW x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Maggie, what a coincidence I have the Matthew Palmer kit on my desk today too, a reminder to myself that it is this week. Such a great way to give a little more to a very worthy charity.
I'm forever working on my WIP's & UFO's as one is finished I find another 2 to replace it.
Have fun with your Clarity Masterclass and Thank you for sharing Woyww.
Hugs Tracey #9

Debbie Rock said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished projects Maggie. Xxx

Dawn Sirdefield said...

I look forward to seeing your Marie Curie painting Maggie along with your UFOs of which I am expecting many and varied projects. Lol xxx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Mm, I need to join you Maggie in the UFOs. I’ll be interested to see what the class on the daffodil results in, sounds very interesting.
Happy WOYWW.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, the Marie Curie idea is lovely. Look forward to seeing that. Barbaras masterclass is bound to be marvellous. Love watching her videos. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good idea aiming to finish off all the UFOs, I have a couple that could do with getting out of the cupboard as well!
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

Jan said...

Great work space have a great week xx Jan (21)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Me again! Thanks for the lovely comment - as to why the satsumas are there, I just thought it made a more interesting picture, but also I quite often have orange slices and lemonade in my gin rather than tonic and lemon...makes a pleasant change!
Hugs LLJ 14 xx

Caro said...

You look nicely organised there! Loving the look of those heart stencils. Take care and have a good week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Sarah Brennan said...

I'm looking forward to crafting along with Barbara too Maggie. I am at work on Friday so will miss the Matthew Palmer class. Look forward to seeing your daffodil. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

that sounds a really good event enjoy following along! good luck with your ufo's too! Helen #5

Lynne Bishop said...

Well done Maggie on finishing your UFO's. It is something I try to do but then create more. Nice to have variety though. You look well prepared for the classes. X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Nice dies, you're going to have fun with those. Hope it's a happy woyww, sending hugs, Angela x17x

Julia Dunnit said...

My sweet MiL recently finished a gilet I had commissioned from her, it’s the bees knees in this weather. Love being able to work with a nice warm jumper on but have my sleeves unencumbered, I hope you enjoy yours too! I started an embroidery which I started in 2016 which I now work on twice a month at the local Craft Bee afternoons. It will still mean slow progress...at the Christmas Bee, I managed two whole stitches!! I gope you enjoy the two Hochamda classes, I didn’t realise they did such things. Indeed, I’ve yet to tune in. Barbara’s class will be amazing, n9 doubt.

Kelly said...

Love starting a new project almost as much as playing with new toys. :-). Look forward to seeing the results. Creative Blessings! Kelly #32