Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Sunday 20 January 2019

A really Groovi Day!

Warning!  This is a serious overload of photos, but I did not want to leave anyone out.

Yesterday was a beautifully relaxing day over at Crafters Companion at Evesham, with the lovely Hazel Edwards in charge of a Groovi Day.  On each class, there were a real mix of experience and knowledge, from total beginners upwards.  No matter how much or how little knowledge, everyone went home with a piece of work they were very happy with.


Hazel had created three different cards, with the idea that each of us could choose the level we felt happiest with, or go off piste and choose how to interpret the plates.  With five minutes, everyone had got their head down, deep in concentration.  Such a quiet class.

 Part One - Morning Group

 





 This was a shot I sneaked of the lovely creation from the lady next to me, who had only ever used the metal Pergamono plates and was a total novice with Groovi.  What a beautiful piece of work she created.


 Her we have Hazel helping another class member choose her backing paper from the designer paper stash.


This is the kind of happy smile that everyone showed, not surprising when you look at the work shown below, produced in this group.  I will apologise for the quality of photography, but it was difficult to avoid the shadows.










Those three hours flew by and I certainly did not have time to finish my piece, my fault for taking the perforating and snipping rather further than, perhaps, I intended.  

Part Two - Afternoon Group

After a delicious lunch, very kindly brought to us by the coffee shop staff, the second group of ladies arrived.  Dee and I stayed on for the second session.  dee started a new piece while I concentrated on going further with my first piece of work.  I think we will both finish them off at home when time allows.

Again, it was lovely to see new faces, people who had little of no experience of the Groovi system.  Again, they were all delighted with what they learned and what they produced during the class. 
















 Thank you to Hazel and Clarity for a really enjoyable day among a great bunch of ladies, and I hope to see you all again next time.  I also need to say thank you to all the enthusiastic staff of the Crafters Companion Store.  I hope  to see even more people there next time, and that those of you who had to miss out this time recover from these horrid bugs that are floating about.

.......Stop Press......

Due to Dawn Bibby's illness, Clarity has risen to the occasion and the very hard working Paul Church is filling the gap with a Clarity One Day Special, bringing back a lovely set from May 2018.  The first show will be at 6 pm.  Please support Paul and Clarity.



9 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Gorgeous work there, Maggie, would’ve been lovley to join in with everyone!
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Hazel said...

Thank you Maggie for a wonderful synopsis of the day, backed up by some amazing artwork. It just goes to show that the Groovi system can be used by all, no matter what skill level and in a very short time, a delightful piece of art can be created. The one thing that shone through yesterday was the support and enthusiasm each one of us had to help each other and I thank you all for making my first workshop such a delight. Look forward to seeing some/all of you in March and maybe welcoming some new customers too. xx

Lynne Bishop said...

I would love to have been there looks as if you all had a great time.Beautiful pieces of work created. No selfies Maggie, you avoided the camera by being behind it . xx

Wendy L said...

Looks like a wonderful day and you all used one of my fave plates.
Well done everyone, xxxx

Jane said...

Looks like Hazel had it all under control... Fantastic!!! Great projects by everyone!
Have a good day today! Hugs! Xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Some lovely work there Margaret. Just goes to show the range of experience Groovi caters for and how experienced parchers can take it to a whole different level.

Dawn Sirdefield said...

Wow some stunning work there by both groups. Well done to everyone. Xxx

Chris Kelly said...

Everyone did so well Maggie. Looks like there will be more Groovi addicts now. X

Sue C said...

As you say Maggie some lovely pieces of Groovi work. I worked out which on was yours !! it looks really effective with all the snipping but also proves how versatile the plates are as they can be taken to what ever level you are comfortable with or even out of your comfort zone !! Sorry I couldn't be there but had a clash of craft classes so thanks for sharing the day with us. Looking forward to the extra ODS shows with Paul, when I first saw it I thought they were repeating the shows from 2018 but when I read Paul's post realised my mistake !!