Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Monday 14 January 2019

I'm back again!

This might be a short post today.  Sunday was a busy day, including a very tasty roast dinner at Bec's, cooked by her husband, Ant.  The other guests at the feast were Shaz (Silverwolf) and Doug, so there was lots of chatting, and swapping crafty ideas too.

Then, this afternoon involved a bit of sorting out as I am in the process of getting rid of things I haven't even seen for a few years.  

There are loads of stamps (not Clarity) that I no longer want, so they will be split between a couple of good causes.  Then there is a pile of metal stencils, lovely designs but it is several years since I even saw them.  After that, there are loads of dies that I have had for a while and just not touched.

The evening was a good time to snuggle down and do some parchment things in front of the tv.  I have been playing with combinations of the Queen plates and the PTC plates, both sets by Josie Davidson.
Today, it was the Queen Victoria plate for the borders on a PTC and a larger piece.  The centre of the PTC is from one of the PTC plates, while the larger piece will be a Christmas card.  The borders on the Queen plates are very adaptable and you can leave bits out to make it fit the smaller sizes and the PTCs do not have to be straight sided.  Have a look at the Queen Victoria and you will see how much I have left out to give me space to put something in the centre.

I keep looking at these plates and seeing more and more ways to use them and not just as borders.  That is one of my plans this year, to find as many different ways to use one plate or how many plates I can mix up in one piece.

11 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Very imroessive Maggie!
I must if snuggly weather A’s guess it is over there that sounds like a great evening occuparion!
Fancy eating a meal cooked by an ant rather than the ants eating your meal, very curious name! But am sure it was grand all around,
Hugs Shaz.x

Sue C said...

loving your work with the Queen plates. My 1st attempt last week was a bit of a disaster although to a non parcher it probably looks fine !! I have been sorting out my craft stash & passing it on to a local special needs group. I have stuff that I bought years ago when at the time it was the bees knees but has now been replaced with more up to date styles & products. I just dare not add up what I spent on it all.

Jayne S said...

Once again Maggie this is beautiful and a Christmas card already!

Jane said...

Another very lovely piece of parchment Maggie. I love trying out ways to use the plates too and even using stamping with groovi plates too works well!
Your Sunday sounded like a great day especially having your lunch cooked for you whilst you chatted about crafty ideas! Have a fab day whatever you are getting up to! Hugs xx

JackieCou said...

Very pretty Maggie, I’ve got the Queen plates now so will be attempting something! Got to do my ATC first though. X

Lynne Bishop said...

Glad you enjoyed your dinner yesterday. We had a houseful for lunch as well. There is a lot to be done with the lace plates as with most of the Groovi. Keep playing Maggie and well well done on your blogging. X

Glynis said...

I love the lace work grids! I could do with having a sort out myself. I have wood mounted stamps that take up space. I'm being careful though, because a few have become collectors items. I have two that sometime appear on a certain auction site and really stupid money, also, they are still useful at Christmas time.

Have a good day xxx

Janet Ashmore said...

Love these queen plates. On my shopping list for my next visit to Clarity at Ally Pally x Love your work and will look at your blog regularly so keep it up. Janet

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, was great to have some meet up time yesterday. Loving that PTC, very delicate. I've gotten rid of some stuff over the last couple of years that i'm never going to use. Tastes/interests change over time, don't they? Hugs, Shaz X

Kathy P said...

Beautiful work with the Queen plates Margaret x

Chris Kelly said...

That is lovely Maggie. I am on my 2nd attempt at the Victoria plate. I will bring it on Thursday as I may need some help.x