This is a combination of techniques which I really did as an experiment. I used a stencil I had seen Jo Rice demoing with at the Open Days back in June. I love this one for its delicacy.
I traced the parts I wanted onto a small piece of parchment, which I had already coloured on the back with the Tim Holtz distress crayons, blended with a damp finger (I was too idle to find a baby wipe or some water and the finger worked). I used three colours, a purple, an orange and a green. I then added a design down the edge.
As usual, the hardest part was finding the right way to mount the parchment. In the end, I added a piece of rainbow parchment at the back before using one of the corner punches to attach it to a red mirri card.
I liked the verse that was sitting in front of me, the Celtic Blessing from Clarity so that seemed to fit well. Then the card looked too white, so the next step was to brush one of the Artistry inks through the stencil randomly.
This is one of those projects that I was not sure of but after leaving it on show for a couple of days, I decided that I did like it. I hope you like it too.