Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 25 January 2013

Friday Smiles



















First of all I have to say that these are not my photographs, but were taken by my daughter..  Last week, I showed you one half of the family, who live quite a distance away, too far in this icy weather.  This week, I am showing you our oldest granddaughter - her brother is missing from the photos, but I am sure he helped with the snow dragon. I just love the expression on her face.

If you are wondering why I am showing these photos, it is all the idea of Annie (Wipso), so if you want a smile at the end of each week, just pop over to A Stitch in Time for more smiley pictures of things that make us all smile.  Why don't you link up and join in.  Let's see what makes you smile.  See you all later.  xx

12 comments:

Annie said...

Fab pics Maggie....thanks for sharing. Brrrrrr think we have had enough of this cold stuff now don't you?
Hugs,
A x

JoZart Designs said...

Wow! Maggie was a super snow dragon, better than a snowman by far!
Have a great weekend and keep smiling!
Jo x

BumbleVee said...

I've done snowbears...but, so far no dragons....hmmmm.... maybe ...some day....

Linda Simpson said...

Great photographs Maggie and they sure made me smile, loving the expression on your granddaughters face. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for sharing.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Caro said...

Fantastic snow dragon and I love the photo of your grandaughter being pulled on the sledge...I have been doing a lot of that this week!

Twiglet said...

Fab dragon - how clever. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics. Keep cosy. x Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

I saw the pics the other day, I think Merlins face is a picture, indeed. Love Shaz xx

Debbie Rock said...

Thanks SO much for your lovely comments regarding The Cake ... people have been very kind so am feeling a little more reassured.
I DID make cakes for many years ... made over 7,000 in five years and burnt myself out so came out of retirement to make this one. I lost more money than I made - never have felt comfortable charging for anything I make and this cake and the invitations I made for the event were "on me".
I taught cake decorating at night school but only for one year as I didn't like being out in the evenings.
The icing on that cake is the roll out stuff but I can flat-ice!
Love Debbie xXx

Debbie Rock said...

Oh and I LOVE your Friday smiles ... just scrolled down to see your previous ones and what a beautiful family you have ... I can well imagine the joy they bring to you. D xXx

Gill Edwards said...

good dragon, ill have to try that next time

Sally H said...

Gorgeous photos Maggie. Love the snow dragon!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Maggie,
ah this is so very lovely great pickies both of them thanks so much for sharing and hope things are warming up over there, for you!!!
God bless, Shaz in Oz.x