Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 14 November 2018

WOYWW - 493

Sorry I was missing again last week.  I had forgotten how fast Wednesdays come round.  My desk is still a mess.  In fact the whole room is a mess.  Christmas is definitely in progress here with 50 cards completed (one or two still need envelopes).  Several of the ones completed are parchment designs so I will be cautious who those go to.


These three were started at Paul Church's workshop last Saturday at the Crafters Companion store at Evesham.  Those of you who went to the NEC may recognise the designs as being from the talented Linda Williams.  The blue one on the left is based on the design that was chosen for the Clarity Make and Take for the show.

This photo shows the class at Evesham with most of the Bromsgrove Parchers group taking part in the class.  We went mob-handed as you can see.  A really good day among friends.

Now I need to do the mass production fast ones to complete the pile.  I have done some using the fantastic new Fresh Cut Dies from Clarity, cutting the design from the centre of the card and, using double sided sticky paper and a variety of suitable backing papers, filling the blanks with the subtle glitter.  As usual, the glitter does not really show on the photos but it is there and does not shed either.


Fortunately, these are quite quick to do in a mass production system.  The pieces just fall out of the dies and once everything is cut, it is easy to assemble.  


Since I took the first photo on this post, my table has deteriorated dramatically as you can see, so some clearing up is required before tomorrow's attack.  In fact, the table is worse than this right now.

I have been through my card list and pruned it severely.  The cost of postage is too high to continue sending to everyone.  There are several whose current address is not in my book so, if they have not seen fit to tell me, then they have been dropped.  I have also been through my stash of almost completed cards and many of them will be finished off soon and donated to charity as I will never use them all. I am also sorting stamps etc and getting rid of anything that is not Clarity as I am just not using them.  I desperately need the space.  One day, I might actually get back into my craft room????

Time to finish now and get this posted before the dog groomer comes.  Hope to visit as many as possible of the Wednesday gang over at Stamping Ground, the home of our leader, Julia.  For anyone who has no idea what WOYWW is, it is a long running group who meet up every Wednesday to show what state our desks are in and what we are doing on them.  No special tidying up is allowed.  Just take a photo, and post it with a short explanation, and link in to Julia's post.  then you can go round and see what everyone else is doing.

Have a good week, everyone.


18 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Morning Maggie, I know what you mean by the cost of postage. I must admit that I don't post many Christmas cards now, they tend to be hand delivered or greetings sent via social media. Love those parchment pieces, Linda certainly is talented. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

glitterandglue said...

Morning Maggie. The pergamano cards are beautiful - made with a grid? I confess I have never really used the grid methods, but do all my pergamano by tracing. The group photo looked like a good day was had by all.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

Always great to see your gorgeous cards! looks like the workshop was great fun too. I have slackened off with my cards for this year and am way behind...must get to it again after work tonight Helen #1

Neet said...

There should be some kind of concession on postage costs at Christmas. Such a shame that we all have to count the cost like this of sending a bit of cheer but I am afraid it happens.
Love your cards and what a happy group you seem to be all crafting away - gorgeous parchment craft crds.
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I have heard good things about Crafters Companion in Evesham. One of the local craft groups here go there for workshops and really enjoy the day. Too long a day for me (they leave at around 5 am - and not back until late). I love your finished sparkly card. I have mostly finished decluttering my craft room - although I may go through my paper/card storage again, as still got a lot. Ali x #12

Lynne Bishop said...

Early start for you Maggie or a late night not sure which. Almost finished my cards from Saturday. Yours are lovely and you are obviously busy with your Christmas cards. Well done and I agree about the postage costs. xx

Jayne S said...

Hi Maggie, this is the first time I’ve visited your blog and lovely to feature in it. Great photo from Evesham Groovi workshop with many of us being from Bromsgrove Parchers. What a great bunch of ladies. Have a good week Maggie.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely to see the group of ladies enjoying themselves so much at the workshop! I do love your parchment work and marvel at your patience, it's something that I'm not cut out for! Good luck in sorting out your desk, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, love the cards. The workshop was certainly well attended! Love that Fresh cut die, very effective, and great for fast cards too. I've got a roll of that wax paper too! I'm going to do the same with cards soon, I think. Make far more than I need. Love & hugs, Shaz #9 XxXx

Marit said...

I am thinking of sending people an e-Xmas-card because of the postal costs... but most years my mum gives me a bunch of stamps as an early X-mas gift and when she does I always decide to make and send cards after all (and yes, my cardmaking takes place in one week or so then...) Happy woyww, have a great day. Big hug from Holland. Marit #20

Heather M said...

Hi Maggie, looks like a great day was had with your friends. A shame I have no crafting buddies close by! I love the glitter card, the die is quite lovely. Have a lovely week Heather x #13

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW & great work space xx Jan (32)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There is no such thing as a messy desk it's just busy like it should be. Great to see you all having a good time together. I've just joined a craft club and love it. Have a great woyww, Angela x16x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Third or 4th time over here to comment Maggie... talk about inhabiting the land of good intentions!! However love your cars, such details and love poured into them all, the glitter does show... your ladies group look very industrious indeedy. I’m very glad to see you back in WOYWW link up... you were my second or third encourager, after Eileen mentioned me in one of her Friday’s posts and so have a special place in y heart for you and Shaz as she was after you 😉 I’ve culled my list too, esp overseas ones, it’s toooo hard and expensive too.
Happy WOYWW and God bless you,
Shaz in OzX, #7

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Maggie, it sure looks like you had a great day, I too have heard great things about the Evesham CC Store. Your parchment cards are fabulous.
It can be so costly to post Christmas cards but I know the people I send mine to really appreciate them so it is worth it for me.
Happy Sunday & a belated woyww Tracey #10

SumBunneh said...

Hi :)
I know what you mean about postage, especially as so many of my family and friends are overseas.. we now donate money to Naomi House rather than post out cards.
I still give cards to the neighbours and make a few to sell... but like you, I usually gift cards to charity to sell as I make more than I can cope with.

Sumbunneh hugs x
Erika #8

J said...

Gorgeous cards Maggie, and lovely colours too, I actually started off doing parchment but wasn't very good so eventually moved on to other things.

Well done finishing so many Christmas cards already, I've done a few but like you said with the price of postage, especially with handmade cards, (they always weigh them here) you need to cut down.
Have a great week
Jan S no28

Shoshi said...

My goodness, Maggie, what a busy bee! Love to see the group of ladies all having such fun together. I haven’t been near my desk for weeks - too busy with other stuff at the moment unfortunately! Thank you for your visit and your good wishes - I’ve had some better days and some bad ones, but plug on and do what I can. Glad you like the scarf, and yes, it is for me - and reading about our kitty antics - they certainly keep us busy and amused! Unfortunately the plumber didn’t come yesterday as his wife is just out of hospital but I hope to get him the week after next. I don’t think the problem is too serious but it’s just inconvenient rather than anything else and the boiler can wait another week!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #16