Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Clarity Challenge for August - Fussy cutting

Any of my crafting friends will know that I am well known for hating fussy cutting.  I love colouring but cutting is a totally different matter, so this challenge was a challenge for me.  However, I do enjoy perforating and snipping parchment, so this was my way out.

i picked a Clarity stamp that I have actually cut in the past with a blade, and stamped it onto parchment.  I embossed the branches in the traditional way.  Then the birds were coloured on the front with my Caran D'Ache blending pencils, and I went over that with a clear Wink of Stella pen to add a little gentle sparkle.


Then it was a case of just sitting down and doing all the perforating with a fine double needle  tool, leaving just the birds, the branches and the single line border.  The final bit was to actually cut with my parchment scissors to leave just the bits I needed.  I attached the resulting parchment to a shiny blue paper with invisible thread (dreadful stuff, always in a tangle) before mounting the whole thing on simple white card.


The sentiment is another Clarity stamp but is one I really like a lot.

10 comments:

Linda Page said...

Lots of fussy cutting here Maggie and I love your colouring. Good luck and thanks for entering

Patricia said...

Maggie this is beautiful and as I have seen it in the flesh so to speak I can tell everyone that your "fussy" cutting is really good xxxx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

Hi Maggie,
I love this stamp and I love how you have adapted its use to suit your own preferences. To picot cut the whole image is indeed a labour of love, resulting in a beautiful card. Best wishes in this month's Clarity challenge and thank you for sharing your artwork. ;~}

Unknown said...

Blimey Maggie that is taking fussy cutting to a whole new level. Good luck in the challenge. Xxx

Lynne Bishop said...

Beautiful Maggie. So much work in this and it looks stunning. Good Luck in the challenge. See you at the weekend for a bit more parching. xx

carols handmade cards said...

Love your card and the stamp you have used. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

crafty said...

Good bit of fussy cutting done here good luck in the clarity challenge x

Angela said...

Maggie I love the colour on your artwork and well done with all that picot cutting. Thanks for joining the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! x

Mrs P said...

A beautiful piece of parchment work Maggie.
Thank you for entering and good luck in this month's Challenge x

Lesley said...

Very creative Maggie. The fussy cutting looks great around the birds. Good luck in the challenge x