After my panic last month, getting my entry in at the very last minute, I am trying to be more organised in February. This is quite a mixed card, with stamping and parchment together.
I started with one of my mop up sheets (mopping up left over inks off the blending mat) and stamped the Clarity garden heart at an angle in the middle. Then I traced the whole thing onto parchment and embossed it. I coloured the image on the card and then enhanced it by colouring the back of the parchment to blend with the embossing. I also did add black to the front of the parchment to make the birds stand out more.
The final enhancement was to go right round the whole image on the front to make it stand out more, using a dark blue pencil, to try to make it look as though it was padded. I used black card for the matting and layering as well as another mop up sheet with similar colouring before adding the ribbon on two corners.
Getting the ribbon from my local craft shop, Pink Tulip at Studley (so helpful and friendly) actually saved me a lot of money in a strange way. When I got back from that very short journey, I realised that one wheel on the motor was very hot, so that was an emergency trip to the local Land Rover specialist. The calipers on that wheel has seized, but fortunately I had taken it in just in time to avoid very expensive damage to the discs. Job now done and vehicle back home. Just in time to do the much longer and potentially what could have been a very damaging journey to Maria's class.