Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 24 June 2015

WOYWW 316

 The speed of the passing of 2015 is positively terrifying.  I am sure New Year was only last week, although I do remember going down to the Crop in May.  I do not seem to be doing very well at blogging this year either.  A quick blink of the eyes and another Wednesday is over and done with.  If you are wondering why Wednesday is a significant day of the week, then I will leave it to our Julia to explain far better than I all about WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday).

I am still trying to get all my stuff back into my craft room where it belongs.  However, that ambition is not helped by certain people bringing out new "must have" products and the NEED to try them out and see just what I can do with them.   These pictures of my temporary desk/picnic table show some of my latest acquisitions.


The major new product is the recently launched Groovi plate system for parchment from Clarity.  Although I have done parchment for several years, this new system, designed for beginners and experienced parchers alike, has been impossible to leave alone.  The little picture was partially done on the Groovi plate, although the central design was transferred from this week's Mindfulness colouring download from Barbara Gray.  I mounted it on a black painted canvas board.


I also went to a demo of Sissix products down at our local craft shop, Pink Tulip Creations, which was excellent.  The demonstrator, Pete Hughes, certainly did a great job and I learned a lot of hints and tips and was reminded of a lot more.  As you can see, I did not leave it at just watching the demo.
 

The Colour Burst powders, still in their packets, are very similar to Brushos, but a little more controllable.  I need to get them out and play very soon, so I am having to be very strong and resist while I finish resorting my stamps again.

How many of you are heading down to Burbage again later this year?  I am really looking forward to that trip and hope to meet up with lots of you then.

Right now, it is time I pointed you in the direction of our hostess with the mostest, Julia, who will send you on round the other desks on show this week.  I hope to visit as many of you as possible during the rest of the week.  Have a great week, all of you.

21 comments:

Helen said...

I hope you'll bring some of your parchment in October - can't believe how lucky we are to have a second crop this year! It'll be here in a blink for sure.. Helen 3

Bridget Larsen said...

I totally admire anyone who does parchment craft, it needs a lot of skill and patience
Bridget #1

lisa said...

Looks like you are very busy there, Maggie. I love my brushos so it'll be interesting to see how you get on with your powders.
Have fun
Hugs Lisax #23

Glenda said...

Your parchment piece looks lovely. I used to do that a few years ago and you have me realize how much I miss doing it. Thanks for sparking my interest again. Glenda #29

AnyOldCraft said...

Love your desk.
I love the look of parchment it is so pretty and elegant.
I bought a little parchment kit but never used it.
Will have to give it a try one day if I find it again lol :) #27

Lynne Bishop said...

I love the parchment work you are doing Maggie. It is very addictive. I have several Birthday cards to get done at moment but all my Groovi items are packed ready to take away with me next week. Have not invested in the new paints yet so look forward to seeing your creations. xx

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

I hope you like the colorburst as much as I do. Lovely parchment work. Peg R 26

Sue Jones said...

ooo those are great purchases! I am waiting for my brusho paint to arrive and love the look of your new paints. Love the sizzix dies too.Have fun.
Soojay 16#

Unknown said...

Just received the starter set groovi plate had a quick play this morning know need more plates. Would love to know how you get on with the new paint lots love Joy xxx

Paula said...

your parchment crafting pieces are beautiful; it's a technique that's on my list of things to try. I am in agreement with you on the way that this year is rapidly flying by. Christmas is right around the corner.

Twiglet said...

Beautiful parchment work Maggie. I need to get my room sorted too - just wish I had my cupboards etc ready but need to wait till old house is sold so I am making do here at the moment and can't seem to keep it tidy! x Jo

sandra de said...

Parchment craft looks so detailed and fragile at the same time. Colour Burst powders are new to me and I will look forward to seeing what you create. Have a lovely week
Sandra de @24

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Maggie, happy WOYWW. Gorgeous pergamano/parchment. Nice stash of new stuff too - have fun. Cheers RobynO#18

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, this is what I love about desk hopping! Something new! I hadn't seen this parchment paper art before. Yours is lovely! And that one thing is interesting that has like hills, sun-some kind of pattern? Don't know what it is. OH, I see now; it is an embossing plate. hummm. Would like to see what you do with that! LOL Enabler!!! Thanks for the peek! #41

Barb said...

I'm sure you'll have fun playing with your new goodies. Your parchment work is looking lovely. Enjoy the rest of your day. Barb #33

Barb said...

Hello Maggie, I seem to be having trouble leaving a message. It's not you it's me! Have fun with your new goodies. Your parchment work is looking lovely. Barb #33

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! That parchment piece is fabulous. And isn't it rude how companies keep bringing out these items we have to have when we haven't even had a chance to play with the last batch we bought. That said, you'll have to let us know if the Colour Brusts are the next must have thing. Certainly Brushos are a big deal and I can see where better control could improve them. Judy #50

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That parchment work is gorgeous, Maggie! The black really shows it off well....I have no idea what a Groovi plate is, but it's a great name!! Hope you have fun playing with it! I'm looking forward to October too :-)
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I like Parchment and find it very relaxing, just can't fit anything else in at the moment but will watch your progress with interest.
Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela xXx30

Mrs A. said...

Oh no not another new gadget to play with. I have already accidentally knocked 2 books off the shelf into my basket on Amazon after seeing them on blogs today. Oh well in for a penny in for a pound. Can't take it with you! Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Oh Maggie, what's a girl to do. Have just watch the Clarity video for the Groovi plates and I must have them asap. Hugs Mrs A.