Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 12 August 2015

WOYWW 323 - Another week has vanished in a flash,

It has been a while since I joined in with the wonderful Wednesday blog hop that is WOYWW, hosted by the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground.  Life has been somewhat hectic of late and I feel it is unfair to expect people to leave me comments when I know I do not have enough time to return the compliment.  I have been popping in and out to see what has been going on.


This is quite a photo heavy post today.  I am deeply addicted to parchment work at the moment.  It is something I have loved for a while, but the addiction has grown recently.  Many of you will know that I am also addicted to anything from Clarity Stamps and Barbara Gray.


They have recently brought out a revolutionary parchment kit, called the Groovi Plate, which enables total beginners to produce beautiful work within hours,  I already have most of the kit, but you can see my latest additions to my collection of plates.


My  other addiction, which has been a lifetime one, is for pencil crayons.  I now possess four complete sets from different companies, starting with my beloved Derwent.  That is in addition to all the watercolour pencils and pastels etc.

The box you can see here is one of my new acquisitions, the complete set of Caran D'Ache, which are Swiss, and totally luscious.  They are so smooth and easy to blend which makes them perfect for colouring parchment work.


The colours are so beautiful, I could sit and stroke them.  I am sure you know what I mean.  I do have one more new set which I will show you another time, which are the Fabel Castell Polichromos.  


Both these sets are expensive, but I was lucky enough to find brilliant offers and it would have been rude to refuse them, wouldn't it?

This final parchment picture was actually featured on my blog earlier this week, so I will not say too much about it.  I used three of the Groovi plates to put the design together, and then the crayons to colour lightly.  The backgrounds were from mop up sheets, but they just had the right colours.


I painted the canvas boards with two different shades of the Fresco Chalk paints, and I have become a real fan of those.  I learned some of the ways to use them when I went down to spend time on the Clarity Retreats in Kent last month.

I had hoped to spend some time during the week I was there doing some sight seeing in an area which was really totally new to me.  However, the weather had other ideas, being generally miserable, as you can see from this photo.  I ended up on the Monday morning at the viewpoint at the top of Ashdown Forest.  I am sure that the view is fantastic, but this photo actually shows more than I could actually see.  The clouds just sat down hard on any ground more than about 10 feet above sea level.


I actually gave up on the sight seeing and concentrated on the crafting and meeting up with lovely friends.  Once my session was over, I decided to cut and run, after a night of torrential rain with an appalling forecast.  I will try again next year and look forward to next year.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to the second WOYWW crop later this year and meeting up with as many of you that can make it.  I will let you get back to Julia now and the links to all the other lovely blogs on show toady, and hope to get round as many of you as possible.

 

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm green eyed at the moment, having drooled over your extensive pencil sets...how gorgeous are they? I've got a thing about them too....
That parchment work is beautiful, I can see why you love doing it!
Hugs, LLJ 4 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh sorry about the weather Maggie but good to coach up etc,.

I love the new stash too, adore vellum as a medium, and also love Caran D'Ache, have a set of 80 and as you say the blend beautifully, but very different from Prismacolors, have big set of them too and my Derwents. Must admit I love using my a pastels with my coloured pencils, and prob use Caran D'Ache the most of my sets.
I used them first with my calligraphy, and bought a whole lot of artist just the single pencils, and tried them out to see which ones I liked the best.
Happy WOYWW (already commented on doves on post below ..magnificent ) Shaz inOz Xx # 25

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/sea-single.html

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, what a pencil collection! I do love pencils with the wood left pure, rather than dipped in paint. Well, as you'll know from my FB message, we have the surgery date, and today I had a call to go see the Orthopaedic surgeon, Mr Granger, on Friday. Just spoke to Beck, and she was pleased, said he's one of the best. Getting rather scary now, for so long this surgery has just been a vague blob on the horizon, now it's just three weeks away.
Love all that parchment work, so delicate. Shame you had such rotten weather, still as you say, always next year! Lots of love, Shaz xx

Sue Jones said...

Those plates are lovely and the pencils are definately drool worthy! your card is so pretty . Have a great WOYWW Soojay 22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting things happening here and lots of lovely stuff. Hope you have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

Helen said...

Think I've just left my desk comment on the previous post, scrolled too far and missed the right comment box... hey ho, I'm sure you'll find it!!

Twiglet said...

Your parchment card is beautiful - it's not a technique that I have tried but I love the effect. x Jo

Ohhh Snap said...

*la la la* I don't need anymore addictions lol. Seriously those will make some beautiful pieces and I love the piece you shared. Happy WOYWW! #51

Mrs A. said...

I totally agree would be very rude indeed to pass up an exceptional offer. Still saving up my pennies to get the parchment set of goodies. I dropped my iPad and have smashed the screen so need to pay for that now first. Hugs Mrs A.