Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 6 May 2015

WOYWW 309 - Warning, not for those of a nervous disposition

I finally plucked up courage to dive into what has laughably been called a craft room  I took two photos on Tuesday, 4 hours apart.  This was the second day of the clear out and tidy up, four hours after the start.

This was where I started on Tuesday, which was a major improvement as you can see a little bit of floor.


And this was four hours later.  A little more floor, with a large bag of rubbish behind me and a box of recycling also out of sight.

By this time, I had trashed and then repaired a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.  It took a dive of my desk and landed in 5 separate pieces.  Oh dear, I said!  Good to know it could be put back so easily and still works.

By the time you read this, I will be back in there, with another rubbish bag and other bags for stuff that is being passed on to anyone who wants it.

I will leave you with one other photo, of the view from the front window on Tuesday afternoon.


Have a good week, all of you, and please do go and visit some of the other desks an show at Stamping Ground, where our Julia will be waiting to direct you.

16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good for you Maggie! I think that having a good sort out is brilliant on so many levels...it's pleasing, gets rid of the clutter and enables you to see what you really have!
HUgs, LLJ 2 xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful view. I love it when I clean my craft room, it gets in such a state that I can't craft sensibly in there. Then I get all the crap off the floor, put things back in their place then start on making a mess all over again!

Glenda said...

It's always a challenge to clear out and put away. I love your space and you are going to be so happy once it suits you!
Happy WOYWW!
Glenda #27

shazsilverwolf said...

Well done Marg- why is it that tidying and organising involves making a room look like a bomb went off in it? Glad the punch was fixable, that must have been a scary moment!. Lots of love, Shaz xxx

BJ said...

I think you're going to need a bit more time to get it all sorted aren't you? - Happy WOYWW - BJ#35

Artatag said...

Nothing scary about your craft room. But I can see, you invested a lot of work.
Happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Gabriele 15

J said...

beautiful rainbow shot and as for your craft room, you are going in the right direction, think how satisfying it will be when you've finished
Jan S no 33

Annie said...

Hi Maggie. It looks like you're doing a brilliant job having a sort out there. Really hoping your today's clear out goes well.
I am planning to send ATCs to those going to the crop so you can have one on the day and am sending a stamped addressed envelope for anyone wanting to swap with me but please don't feel you have to....it's just what I am wanting to do as I am unable to go this year.
Hugs,
Annie x # 13

MrsC.x said...

good luck with your mission! :)
Happy WOYWW
thanks for sharing have a great week
Charlie x {Mrs.C} #5
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/woyww-may-6th-2015.html

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the rainbow photo, it's interesting because we saw one yesterday afternoon as we were driving home. They are magical to see. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

CraftygasheadZo said...

Can't beat a good sort out, though I always end up finding stash I forgot! Lovely pic too. Take care Zo xx 53

My name is Cindy said...

Oh dear? That's all you said? Still kudos to you for for making the repair. I do like a good tidy - you'll be glad you did it when you are done (except when you start looking for things....)
Happy WOYWW Cindy #38

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well done I say!! Often we put things off thinking the job bigger or nastier than it really is!! Love that view!!! Chrisx 49

Gill in Worcestershire said...

Hi Maggie

So glad to read you have crossed the threshold into your craft room again... It is quite a milestone for you, for sure.

Gill xx

Unknown said...

You before and after shots are impressive. You did A LOT of work! It has been said that we need to rid ourselves of the old to make way for the new. Be prepared!

Unknown said...

Ha ha just seen your craft room I don't feel so bad now Margaret!!! But don't you find we work better like this, I find that what I need is next to me which stops me foraging and making more mess!!! See you Friday x